New Forum Member

Would like to say Hi to forum members. Do a lot of internet surfing and ran across this forum thought I would join I am a Senior Technical Training Insturctor by Technical I mean basic electronics, basic industrial electricity, ac motors (three phase & single phase) dc motors, switchgear etc. I keep myself busy training and traveling.

welcome, got any info on 2 phase?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Welcome!

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

2 phase

2 phase is used in selsy systems for positioning control or as a feedback in ac/dc drives for speed or position control. The selsyn has two windings one is R1 & R2 the other winding is labled S1 - S2 - S3. There can be two selsyns in the position control system a transmitter and receiver. The S windings of the transmitter connect to the S windings of the receiver. The R winding of the transmitter and reciver connect across the line and both have to be connected to the same source of ac. As the S winding rotates a phase shift occurs between the S winding and the R winding. Since the S winding of the transmitter is connected to the receiver the voltage in the receiver is at the same phase angle as the transmitter and the receivers S winding rotates to match the position of the transmitter. That is how a selsyn system functions. In a servo system a brushless motor can be used with a permanent magnet rotor and a rotating magnetic field for the stator again it can be used for position control in an ac or dc drive system.

oh, you're better than a lot that hear 2 phase and think smoke is being blown up their a__

i only have one book that references 2 phase

you going for pro membership?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.