Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Jahovah Witness

There was a knock on the door this morning. I opened it to find a young man standing there who said: "I'm aJehovah's Witness."

I said "Come in and sit down, what do you want to talk about?"

He said, "Beats the **** out of me, I've never gotten this far before."
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

He needs to go to a "HVAC sales training class"
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

I used to quiz them on their faith at the door for a while... usually they would 'need to go' when they realized they did not know the Bible as well as they thought they did. If they want to try to hard sell me... they had better well know their 'product' better than I do...

I will tell you what is funny though: Invite one in and offer him a beer... If they accept, they have blown their faith... If they refuse, there is an open door to explain 'Grace' to them (using Scripture of course).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    ...I will tell you what is funny though: Invite one in and offer him a beer... If they accept, they have blown their faith... If they refuse, there is an open door to explain 'Grace' to them (using Scripture of course).
    Do any search anywhere and you find that they can drink beer and other alcoholic beverages. I guess that completely blows you out of the water, but nice dreaming anyway. You sounded great.

Possibly you are confusing them with Mormons?

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Do any search anywhere and you find that they can drink beer and other alcoholic beverages. I guess that completely blows you out of the water, but nice dreaming anyway. You sounded great.

Possibly you are confusing them with Mormons?
    I have actually tried the 'beer' thing... they refused. Might be a different sect or something.

Anyhow, not enough time to mess with them now... I just tell them I am happy at my church and they say Praise God and go on.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

It may be having a beer with you is incongruous with their purpose for being at your door. Same thing with staying and arguing, time is better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have actually tried the 'beer' thing... they refused. Might be a different sect or something.

Anyhow, not enough time to mess with them now... I just tell them I am happy at my church and they say Praise God and go on.
    or tell them if 'works' was our way into heaven then Christ didn't have to die on the cross. always works with me both jw and mormon. then i do 'the way of the master' technique with them.
    Universal Technical Institute 2001 Alumni - Pheonix, AZ Campus

Quote Originally Posted by universaltech View Post
    or tell them if 'works' was our way into heaven then Christ didn't have to die on the cross. always works with me both jw and mormon. then i do 'the way of the master' technique with them.
    I think more of that happens to do with making a statement that makes no reasonable sense. Even in this business it is hard to discuss or argue with nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by universaltech View Post
    Yeah, that is a good approach also... and cite Galations 2:21... which says in so many words what you said above...

I did that once and just looked at them... they got squirmy and left...

Something I should say here: I do not enjoy intimidating folks... However when someone has an agenda they want to push on me... well then to me they have set the tone of 'game on'... I generally let them set the intensity of the 'game'... yet keep them off-base with questions.

Usually they go away.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I had a tech that worked for me that was an elder with the JW's. He told me a little secret, tell them when the come to the door that you are dis-communicated. They cannot talk to you at all. They will turn around and walk away.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

do you guys know how to tell them apart? mormons wear black slacks and jw's wear khakis.
    Universal Technical Institute 2001 Alumni - Pheonix, AZ Campus

Just ask them:"Are you a mormon?"

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdel View Post
    Just ask them:"Are you a mormon?"
    Years ago I had an associate that used to call them morons... He said he actually said that to them at his door...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast