JCI Companion help
    Had a (1)Companion go down does anyone know how to restore the DATA base? (from the front end "M3") the board is good Hyper term it, and says data base GONE, I beleave there is a back up at Workstation-but were to look and how to restore it.(sorry not much good at this old? stuff?) anyhelp would appreciated!

I'm not sure if this can help you: http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/cg-gl...tions/lm57.htm

There is a JCI dos program called noterm.exe, this is used to upload and download the *.DB files (companion database) and trend log files. This can be done thru direct connect cable or modem.

It's been a few years since my JC Days but I'm pretty sure we used Procomm Plus, connect to the Companion Panel then shell out to a DOS Window, run the DB transfer util etc.

(Not sure if it was called noterm.exe or something similar.)

Thanks for the replys...was able to Hyper term in...had to use the JCI "master" password to get in (sic)..system lost all the data (know backup!) had to reconfig the system and Punch in all the data- 200 I/O etc(after i sucked up all the points in 6 old LCP and 6 new DX9100) thru M3 workstation via some older software APP,s (whata week)

There is a program on M3workstation called CF connect that allows you to receive and send companion databases.Had one of our techs test this program. Works well.It just depends if this option is checked when M3is loaded.

Thanks I did use CF connect on M3 workstation.....after I Hyper Term in-to set up (had to define site new/again and added my own password, after useing the JCI n30 and Companion Hidden/default password..would not let me thru at m3/cf/workstation, also there was NO Backup on frontend or on Disk JCI provided to Client!...and changes did/have taken place..new DX/etc...so Had to Program ALL the I/O points etc...But got'er done thanks.