Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Get this they used R11 or R13 insulation in the walls. The also didn't use a radiant heat barrier on the roof. I told the builder about the loss of cooling capacity in the ducts.

He said .... bunch of bs. He's having ac company come out to "see what they can do" I told him I want a copy of the Manual J load calc. He said they didn't have it that the ac company may. I suspect they never did one. I also explained that it is Texas building code that they do one.

We will see what they say when they come out. I suspect I will most likely get an independent person to do a load calc on the house.

How and where do they measure cfm's on an ac in a house.

Thanks

should go to each defuser and get a readind and add them up this is really the only way to know if each room has the right air flow. this takes some time so most don't do it. best of luck.

title 24 california energy efficiency standards code.
    appendix k.

section 3.2.2 design hvac system. loads and cfm calculation states " acca manual j load calculation or equivalent required".
    1500 sqft tract homes in cali 3.5 tons a minimum. based on the thousands of tract homes out here. as i said in a previous thread previous home 1711 sqft with a 4 ton. cooling worked fine. who's right or who' wrong?

Is it the standard for HVAC systems to be designed for only 75-78 degrees on a 95 degree day?

If my house couldn't keep the temp. at 70-72 when it's 95+ degrees out, I would not be happy.

The way I look at it, slightly oversized(oversized to others but possibly right sized to me) is like having a car with a V8 engine. You may not need the extra power all the time, but it's there when you want/need it.

A better analogy would be two stage equipment compared to the 5.7 hemi that has variable dispacement.

oversized is not the answer right size is. oversize will make the house swampy. not comfortable. you have what you have right now. but an airhandler with a variable speed blower and a txv is best. with builders it's the bottom line. that is one of the problems I have found in the new houses.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234