JB leak detector

Anyone used one yet??? I tried a google search and couldn't find anything so maybe it's not out yet.. I couldn't find it on the jb site ethier.

But the supply house had a flyer on it. They said three bills for it..

Only thing that looked kinda cool was it had a vibration mode which woild come in handy once and a while... They also said the sensor had like a 10 year life span... But I was told that with my d-tek selsect too and am now on the second sensor which works way better than the first sensor. No more false alarms when I move it real quick.

Found it. It's the LD 5000 PROWLER.

On pg 12 of there catalog

http://www.jbind.com/catalog/JB_2011_catalog.pdf

Looks like they also have a new 4 valve manifold coming out with 1/4 turn valves on it.. pg 28

At least it's made in the USA I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Looks like they also have a new 4 valve manifold coming out with 1/4 turn valves on it.. pg 28

At least it's made in the USA I guess.
    USA Let me know if you get the "new" one!!
    I will be getting an Appion TEZ8 Vacuum Pump and dropping my Platinum pump from somewhere high the next day
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

is JB manifold worth buying vs YJ? all I have used was shop supplied. now time to get my own. I want my own. the shop one is beat to death by who knows how many years of abuse...
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Sales rep from JB was at a counter day thing today. He had one of them there. It's warrantied for 2 years and that's it. They don't even warranty the sensor for more than that.

I just got one. Havenot had a chance to use it yet . I also have the dteck wich i like. However the battery in the dtek does not stay charged. My dtek is now just 1 year old!

im using the boss' prowler right now. its okay, not as annoying as the old cps i used to use. the cps was a little easier to find leaks tho. im impatient

Quote Originally Posted by Nam515 View Post
    im using the boss' prowler right now. its okay, not as annoying as the old cps i used to use. the cps was a little easier to find leaks tho. im impatient
    So how has the prowler been so far?

I have used my Prowler on three leaks picked up all three leaks and i was impressed. Leaks were on R-410a and i coudent hear them, used soap bubbles and tiny little bubbles confirmed!!