Thread: superheat

Post Likes
    Here is another one. I just got a new sh 35n superheat subcooling guage. Hooked it up to a a/c with a 88 outdoor temp and 56 wet bulb suction pressure 72 and the new guage read 14.9 superheat. suction line temp was 54. tthe liquid line pressure was 250. But I could not get a 20degree drop from the incoming air to out going. the out going was 54.4 and the in was 70.8.

Post Likes
    You double posted thats a no,no and is this a joke? are you someone we know? Doc is that you?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Are you in the trade?

There are many factors that will effect the Delta T.

And which did you get the 35 or the 31 that you posted in your other thread?

Post Likes
    I just got a new sh 35n superheat subcooling guage.

How much did you pay for that gauge? did it come with a pressure temp chart? That gauge wasnt called a THERMOMETER by any chance ?

it sounds like you are more concerned with getting a 20 degree drop than you are with the superheat. Is that 20 degree drop what you have to achive in order to tell if your air conditioner is working correctly?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by 25skeet
    Here is another one. I just got a new sh 35n superheat subcooling guage. Hooked it up to a a/c with a 88 outdoor temp and 56 wet bulb suction pressure 72 and the new guage read 14.9 superheat. suction line temp was 54. tthe liquid line pressure was 250. But I could not get a 20degree drop from the incoming air to out going. the out going was 54.4 and the in was 70.8.

Clean your condenser coil.

Your indoor air flow might be alittle high.

But its cooling great.

You don't always get a 20° delta on the indoor coil.

Post Likes
    No its not me and this is another example of how getting hung up on delta T and a stoopid rule of thumb gets a guy in trouble. Get off the temperature drop, if everything else is right the temperature drop will be right (who says 20 is right?). Using delta T to troubleshoot will invariably leave you looking in the wrong direction.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jultzya
    Are you in the trade?

There are many factors that will effect the Delta T.

And which did you get the 35 or the 31 that you posted in your other thread?
    I am in the trade but not service end have started my own busniess and want to do the best job possible. Sorry if I ask the same question over and over but want to make sure I get things right. I got the 35.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in