+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The art of the furnace emblem

Post Likes
    1. Some furnace and boiler emblems

2. More

3. Thermostats, art deco, middle is a multi hour set back timer, one on right has a "magic dial" on the side to adjust anticipator/cycle length.

4. Old wall daper adjust for coal, chains and pulleys connect from living space to furnace.

Post Likes
    very interesting collection you have!

Post Likes
    What exactily is that in the 3rd picture? Was it a REALLY early heat control? How exactly did it work? Ive never seen the old stuff like this. By the way, how old is that stuff?

Post Likes
    A few pics of my collection. My favs are the iron fireman, crome plated with the tin man shoveling coal and steam coming out his joints. And the carrier with the feather, engraved plexiglass with the paint on the backside.

a few on lennox furnace door, original emblem is in center as came on furnace

[Edited by billygoat22 on 06-22-2005 at 07:04 PM]
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    This is great to see, I would love to get some of the ones I don't have,let me know if you would send any extras anyone has, I would be happy to pay something, postage, whatever.
    The Iron Fireman is my favorite also, I have the "Custom Mark 2" it didn't show up very well in my first pic, will do some individual shots.I also have a cast iron boiler door with the fireman.
    The round Holland contol I have is probably from the 30's, maybe, it provided manual control in the house of the coal furnace damper, I have a number of the pulleys that were used to connect the control in the house to the damper in the basement.
    Thanks, love to see more.
    Mark Allen

Post Likes

WOW

I thought I was the only one doing this. Here in CT they all think I am nuts. I have tons of these, never mounted them though, I should. I also Like my iron fireman its rare We'll have to see what we have extra.

Rich
    A proffessional is someone who does his best work even when he doesnt want to.

Post Likes
    Thanks for looking Rich, will wait to hear from you and any others.
    Allen

Post Likes
    Nice collection. I sent all of mine over to Bald Loonie. I see that he is going to forward you some of his duplicates. So you might end up with some that I sent him.

Last year we tore out an oil steam boiler from a court house. I was a shame the stuff we had to throw in the dump. Old coal augers, stokers, damper chain and pulleys. But there is just no room to keep stuff. Space cost money.

Post Likes
    Anyone got any of the Williamson and Trane that they want to give up? I'll take it off your hands.

Post Likes
    i see some of those thermostats on occasion. Maybe I'll talk them into a new T87. But its difficult to talk someone into something if it still works. We have a customer about to replace a very old steam boiler. The asbestos removal guys, he's hired are there this week. I drained the boiler yesterday. but I noticed a 1940s era mechanical type pressuretrol. It looked really cool. I'm going to talk to the installer about saving it for me.

Post Likes

very nice

i thought i was the only one doing this they are so much apart of our history,my wife wont let me hang them in house tho,gosh wish i had my own room

Post Likes
    Thats a neat collection. I have a few i'll have to take a pic and post them....

I have a Williamson Temp-o-Matic actually my buddy has it and its still running. And a williamson 5 in 1. One off a Aldrich Co. Heat PAK has the model and serial # it was a boiler that looked like a water heater heavy cast iron S.O.B. we had to cut it into 3 or 4 peices to remove it.
    Hire Me....

Benny

Post Likes
    Nice collections.....Those emblems represent a time when equipment was built to last...not like it's built today....

That old G.E. stuff sure was good equipment.....The good ole' Weathertron........

Those were the good ole' days....

Post Likes
    This is one of my favs
    sorry for the large size

Post Likes
    I removed a Chrysler Airtemp taday.
    I removed the emblem, and it's in A-1 shape.

I'd say it's an early 60's model.
    Not sure.

Someone interested, email me.
    Buckeyes@ctcn.net
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    I have a small collection. Would love to add to it. All I'm getting are the red x's on the pics. Bummer!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in