Thumbs up

I'm a homeowner who likes to read. This site is awesome, but I make no bones about NOT having the technical expertise to diagnose or repair my systems. We moved into a new house in 1999 and have always had trouble cooling the second floor. It's a separate unit from the first floor (American Aire 80+ with a Concept 10 compressor 2 ton for approx 900 sqft). We had the install guys out several times and were read the riot act about changing filters (which I do the first of each month) and eventually was left with the guys telling me you can never cool the second floor. After reading a lot on this site, I had another company come out to evaluate. I was commended on the cleanliness of the system, and after thirty minutes the cooling issue was found. The system came precharged for 20 ft of line set. I have about 60 feet. No additional charging was ever done (the tech checked for leaks and found none) Once the tech charged the system, the upstairs has been cooler and the run times a lot shorter. It's tough finding a company that gives two sh&%s, but now that I've found one, I'll be happy to call them back. They took the time to show me what the temp readings were (3 degrees at the condensor before the charge, 36 after). It was nice to have someone who obviously took pride in their work and enjoyed showing me what was done and how things work. I took advice from the forum and let tech do his job and was rewarded with a cool house and his willingness to share information. Great site, and it's good to know there are people out there who care!!

cool !

(pun intended !)

Really though, it's all about the right guy for the right job.

Glad to hear you secured an hvac tech who helped you and took the time to explain things to you ; being a Tech myself, im sad to say that it seems many in the mechanical trades either dont really care or they are not adept in diagnosing properly , or in customer relations for that matter. What id like to see as part of the Trade School cirriculum , is, a class on Customer Relations, Communication skills to the non technical homeowner , and Ethics in the field. I think this would go far in having the Public see the mechanical trades in a better light if its workers were trained accordingly.

This is what we like to hear.
    A client who is happy with what we do.

Congrats on finding a GOOD COMPANY.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?