Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Lennox NAS

Quote Originally Posted by Lennoxnas View Post
    They do. They did a confidential survey that they required each employee do. When the results were in we had a company conference call. They spent time on anything that was rated positive. When the benefits came up the HR manager spent no time on it, just casually passed it over. Saying, we did a study and our pay scale is within industry standards. So they listened they just did not hear it.
    I believe she said they were looking into pay scale...more BS..maybe they studied the southern market

Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    Called in for an interview to Lennox NAS later this week, any suggestions (other than the previous posts) would be appreciated. Dont need the disgruntled banter, just some real, discerning sugggestions. I have an offer for residential company here in Philadelphia area already, but my experience is 14 years in retail commercial work. Looking for job now as I was laid off from a NJ commercial-residential company back in January. Every company has its pros and cons, just want to see what is offered, ask the necessary questions and make a determination as to whether or not to go residential or not. Thanks, gentleman.
    Dont bother you will be miserable in a month

I work for Lennox nas like many others I was with a company that was lucky enough to have Lennox buy it. Like all jobs you will have good and bad with
    Lennox your manager is what will make the job good or bad. A lot of tech are new to the field and so are a lot of managers some techs love this because the techs can walk all over the manager and get away with alot. I have not seen anything about the 1% fund on this post so I thought I would put it out for people to see. Lennox will tell you the 1% fund is for tech bonuses that the manager will divide as he or she sees fit but what they don't tell you is anything the branch needs will come out of this fund. Worked all year and watched the 1% fund grow to a good number then it was used to buy a trailer so the manager didn't have to pay to transport unit to site. Pay for a tech to relocate to another branch. Any tools the branch needs like ladders vac pumps and much more. The thing that make this wrong to me is the items are paid for out of the 1% fund our bonus money and I'm sure they write it off in taxes as a business expense but we never see it again one more way for them to keep as much money as possible. I have a lot to say about Lennox but sad to say it would be the same as alot of older posts.

You are absolutely correct RC. I have had the distinct honor and privilage of being a manager and tech their. Anything that cant be billed to a scid comes out of 1% fund. Need a new pair of work glovez or saftey glasses, or food,1% fund. The sad thing is it doesnt have to , to a certain point. If the payable isnt labeled for whatever, the billing dept just defaults those expenses to 1%. The managers work 16 hr days for very little pay. Base salary for nas manager is $63,200. Make the budget monthly and you could get 79,000. Their is a chance for a year end bonus as well which could be substantial. They dont even train the managers thoroughly enough to achieve that and they look for 25, 26 yr old people to be mangers. I did not have the life experience at that age to not feel for screwing my techs and customers so I could make money.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    You are absolutely correct RC. I have had the distinct honor and privilage of being a manager and tech their. Anything that cant be billed to a scid comes out of 1% fund. Need a new pair of work glovez or saftey glasses, or food,1% fund. The sad thing is it doesnt have to , to a certain point. If the payable isnt labeled for whatever, the billing dept just defaults those expenses to 1%. The managers work 16 hr days for very little pay. Base salary for nas manager is $63,200. Make the budget monthly and you could get 79,000. Their is a chance for a year end bonus as well which could be substantial. They dont even train the managers thoroughly enough to achieve that and they look for 25, 26 yr old people to be mangers. I did not have the life experience at that age to not feel for screwing my techs and customers so I could make money.
    what happened to all the managers that came with TW and benner after the buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    what happened to all the managers that came with TW and benner after the buy out?
    Very few are still with Lennox.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I think they lowered the Base salary which makes it worse

Quote Originally Posted by RFk1ll View Post
    I have been reading this thread with interest. As a card carrying nas tech for the past 2 years, I can probably add a few things of interest. Let me say I have allready decided to look for employment elsewhere by summer.

Just about every thing said here, good and bad, is true. I think the world of my manager, he started out as a tech, became a manager, and has shielded his techs from a lot of corperate bull****. The drive time issues, we get 12.00 for any drive time out of our area, and for "training" (which isn't training, more like van inspection, safety meeting) .
    We have always been short on techs in the summer, and short on work in the winter. Lennox just got rid of severel techs, days before Christmas, and laid the law down to the rest of us. My manager and 2 techs are quitting over the way the corporate mentality has taking over. When we were IBS it wasn't this way, this is all Lennox.
    Many techs are untrained, this is in fact a way to pay people less money. If you do make decent money, your job be the first cut in all probability.

Lennox reacts with typical knee jerk mentality over safety, we get threatened with automatic firing if we don't back into parking spaces,carry a voltage probe at ALL times, have a climbing harness on (with nowhere to hook it!) at ALL times, all equipment must be locked out, even for filter changes, etc.

I realize a lot of this may sound petty, but it all boils down to this. LennoxNAS treats its employees like ****. You are a number, low wages ( I make less then 20.00/hr far less then area average), threats, and we are losing customers rapidly.
    I have been an HVAC tech for 20 years, and worked for a lot of companies, some good, some bad, and for me, the amount of crap verses the low wages and threats is not a good fit. And to the poster that was wondering about Austin,TX, run away dude, the have fired the last 3 managers in quick succession and the techs quit constantly. As someone here said,a lot depends on your branch, a good manager can shield you from some of it.

If you are a new tech looking for a foot hold, Lennox might be worth it.
    Oh, the training, I have been here 2 years and haven't had any. You can go to some website and take some generic courses (not paid) but I could do that on my own. Just my honest opinion, feel free to disagree. One last disclaimer, The techs I work with and my manager all all great,health benefits are fairly good. It is the CORPORATE part of LENNOXNAS that is driving all the problems.
    I agree all you have said...except for one thing...Lennox Corporate (Dallas) does not have a clue whats going on...I think it all came straight from FLA..wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the plug and NAS goes back to IBS

Lennox NAS Sucks

I was hired as a manager and worked at NAS for 7 years. JDilks or "Jim Dilks" is just wrong. You work your techs like dogs at the lowest pay possible so to increase your profit. Your budget is so tight you can't afford to pay your techs any money.There is no training at all. They do these internet courses that blow and have no training value or hands on value. They lose accounts left and right because they bid the work so low that a manager has to keep his techs moving even if it means leaving the PM half complete. As a manger it is even worse. If you dont completely comply to every rule and regulation you will be fired, no second chance.If your paper work is missing a dot over the "i" you will be written up. You are not allowed to have a water cooler in your office, which is ridiculous in Florida. If a manager goes on the roof he must bring his laptop on the roof with him.
    When the company was run by Arvid it was a great company to work for. As soon as Joe Gennari took over it has turned into a corporate machine where profit is the only thing that matters. When Joe Gennari hired Jay Noel as his attack dog things just got worse. Don't waste your time working for these guys you will regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaAC View Post
    I was hired as a manager and worked at NAS for 7 years. JDilks or "Jim Dilks" is just wrong. You work your techs like dogs at the lowest pay possible so to increase your profit. Your budget is so tight you can't afford to pay your techs any money.There is no training at all. They do these internet courses that blow and have no training value or hands on value. They lose accounts left and right because they bid the work so low that a manager has to keep his techs moving even if it means leaving the PM half complete. As a manger it is even worse. If you dont completely comply to every rule and regulation you will be fired, no second chance.If your paper work is missing a dot over the "i" you will be written up. You are not allowed to have a water cooler in your office, which is ridiculous in Florida. If a manager goes on the roof he must bring his laptop on the roof with him.
    When the company was run by Arvid it was a great company to work for. As soon as Joe Gennari took over it has turned into a corporate machine where profit is the only thing that matters. When Joe Gennari hired Jay Noel as his attack dog things just got worse. Don't waste your time working for these guys you will regret it!

12 or so years ago I almost took a job offer from IBS, the job was in Fort Lauderdale, did a little bit of research and decided against it.
    Haven't hear good or bad about Arvid Albanese,he made a ton of money for sure, is Paul F still around?
    NAS is doing the same thing everywhere, they buy a company, fired the experienced higher paid techs and replace them with young greenhorns, they are making money like bandits ripping off customers,kind of reminds me of the pillagers from the capital one ads.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    12 or so years ago I almost took a job offer from IBS, the job was in Fort Lauderdale, did a little bit of research and decided against it.
    Haven't hear good or bad about Arvid Albanese,he made a ton of money for sure, is Paul F still around?
    NAS is doing the same thing everywhere, they buy a company, fired the experienced higher paid techs and replace them with young greenhorns, they are making money like bandits ripping off customers,kind of reminds me of the pillagers from the capital one ads.

or discover card
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKiQqxHp5E8
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

remember this identity theft commercial ! lmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KERwnA8VfFM
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Reply to an Old Post: Lennox NAS.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    Lennox NAS hires mostly fresh out of school techs, pays them as little as they can, give them the truck and cell phone and let them loose, they are a dime and nickle type of company, the manager acts as dispatcher, accountant,estimator and pretty much anything else, the manager gets pay base salary plus quarterly bonus, if he pays you very little and make you work like a rented mule he gets all the $$$$ in bonuses. some times they hire a seasoned tech (elite tech) and besides the daily workload they make him babysit the rest of the crew.
    Was browsing through the forums and came across this thread from a while back.

I worked for a local HVAC company/ Service Experts. I couldn't believe how spot on this post was to how I felt and was treated as a "seasoned (elite) tech". My thought were more like an Amish plow horse rather than an rented mule. Was the #2 after just a month because of my experience, 2nd to a 13yr long employee who also was very knowledgable (Elite!). Company was a family run, top-notch, area-known and requested company until Service Experts. GM quit and started his own, new GM was a service manager for Sears. Didn't know his @zz from his elbow. Once S.E. took complete control, even customers noticed the difference. Prices too high, service was falling off because of unexperienced techs and poor training. Wow, bad memories. Was a good company to work for until Service Experts came in and completely took over. 'nuff said.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast