Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennox NAS

Thats sucks. I have an interview coming up next week in Austin with them. I met a cool guy from NAS last week at the supply house and he seemed to like it...
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

Quote Originally Posted by wannameltice View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Please do not lump Benner in the group with Lennox NAS! We actually had top dog mechanics. The experience I have had with Lennox since the Benner buy out has been that most of their techs(elite too) could NOT fix a sandwich! An rtu is out of the question. They just ASSumed that all the Benner techs would drink the cool aid. Lennox will sell someone a new unit instead of repairing one. I've seen them pull an rtu that still had all the factory warranty in force! What kind of company would buy out another and piss away all the customers and contracts they just got! It's really quite a shame, they do make some good rtu's. There's a reason they don't call it Lennox Factory Service!

That's Hilarious, "drink the cool-aid". I have heard that a ton form Benner guys, by now that cool-aids been outside alot collecting a lot of flys.

lennox nas

ask lots of questions may work for you ,ask some of these lennox guys how long they have worked for lennox .You may be following this guy on call backs and pm ,work you qouted .The training ask if you get paid ,web based ,doubt it .You do get the day after thanksgiving and christmas ,you will be on call ,lack of help while management will have day off .Try to start out with good starting pay, in my area are labor rates were too high ,we were in high mid twenties to thirty ,we were maxed out .So to make are branch efficient they laid off seasoned tech ,Go on interview use your judgement , if you want to get some commercial experience ,go for it ask how much you will top out as tech .Ask about work load comes and goes ,on your time it says you will be 12.00 to travel outside of your branch area ,I wouldnt Good luck

i agree 100% with pope,its all about numbers and the branch managers controls the time sheets to his advantage.i believe this is the worst work setting a tech has to deal with while it works out great for both the managers and the company.worst company to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by 94blowncobra View Post
    I had heard they dont pay you guys any drive time what so ever anymore.

Can someone confirm this?
    thats illegal under federal labor laws
    any travel other than the daily commute is required by law to be paid at your hourly rate. there and back.
    ANY TRAVEL that is any form of your job. meaning to a class thats mandatory, or needed to keep you job must be paid, as well as the training time its self
    If you cant cool it
    HEAT THE Hello out of it

While Lennox NAS dimes and nickels employees pays and benefits the CEO makes close to 8 millions a year.

http://people.forbes.com/profile/todd-m-bluedorn/49014

hey all , well i know alot of lennox techs some love it some hate it. very true about the numbers gig pay techs low hit goals manager makes hefty bonus ! but alot of customers they didnt get on their own merit they bought companies out and they usually lose those customers some stay and give them a try and like it but most will eventually leave. so what is considerable drive time that you should be paid for ? by law that is ? i dont think they are good for the industry as a whole , but for the rookie tech that needs an entry level position its good for them as it is was hard many years ago to get some one to give me a chance without experience. i have been to some accounts and wonder if they had a clue overcharged units, economisers all disconnnected . take the time learn what you are working on and get it right . oh and my favorite driers in the discharge lines and no they were not mufflers lol but job security for me i guess , just my two cents have a great day everyone

Quote Originally Posted by rj647 View Post
    hey all , well i know alot of lennox techs some love it some hate it. very true about the numbers gig pay techs low hit goals manager makes hefty bonus ! but alot of customers they didnt get on their own merit they bought companies out and they usually lose those customers some stay and give them a try and like it but most will eventually leave. so what is considerable drive time that you should be paid for ? by law that is ? i dont think they are good for the industry as a whole , but for the rookie tech that needs an entry level position its good for them as it is was hard many years ago to get some one to give me a chance without experience. i have been to some accounts and wonder if they had a clue overcharged units, economisers all disconnnected . take the time learn what you are working on and get it right . oh and my favorite driers in the discharge lines and no they were not mufflers lol but job security for me i guess , just my two cents have a great day everyone
    I agree Lennox is a good place for a nub, lots of room to experiment at the customer expenses, only company I know that charges for callbacks.
    They are really damaging for the trade and the industry, according to them experience means nothing just hire a guy,give him a truck,some tools and off he goes, fix it or break it, we make money both ways, well thought scam.

doomed to fail

Just look what happened to Johnson Controls National Service. It was the consolidation of JCI's National Service Accts & York's Stategic Accts Group. They were paying MES Journeyman wages, but for Commercial work, the main focus was Light Commecial. So paying good wages with good fringes & combined with costumers that have the last say on the labor rates, not a good outcome. So what's Lennox NSA, MetroTech, NexTech, etc.'s, reasons for losing customers and/or techs? As you guys stated, it can be the high wages that they're paying.

Let me know.

Lennox nas the good the bad and the ugly

I have been reading this thread with interest. As a card carrying nas tech for the past 2 years, I can probably add a few things of interest. Let me say I have allready decided to look for employment elsewhere by summer.

Just about every thing said here, good and bad, is true. I think the world of my manager, he started out as a tech, became a manager, and has shielded his techs from a lot of corperate bull****. The drive time issues, we get 12.00 for any drive time out of our area, and for "training" (which isn't training, more like van inspection, safety meeting) .
    We have always been short on techs in the summer, and short on work in the winter. Lennox just got rid of severel techs, days before Christmas, and laid the law down to the rest of us. My manager and 2 techs are quitting over the way the corporate mentality has taking over. When we were IBS it wasn't this way, this is all Lennox.
    Many techs are untrained, this is in fact a way to pay people less money. If you do make decent money, your job be the first cut in all probability.

Lennox reacts with typical knee jerk mentality over safety, we get threatened with automatic firing if we don't back into parking spaces,carry a voltage probe at ALL times, have a climbing harness on (with nowhere to hook it!) at ALL times, all equipment must be locked out, even for filter changes, etc.

I realize a lot of this may sound petty, but it all boils down to this. LennoxNAS treats its employees like ****. You are a number, low wages ( I make less then 20.00/hr far less then area average), threats, and we are losing customers rapidly.
    I have been an HVAC tech for 20 years, and worked for a lot of companies, some good, some bad, and for me, the amount of crap verses the low wages and threats is not a good fit. And to the poster that was wondering about Austin,TX, run away dude, the have fired the last 3 managers in quick succession and the techs quit constantly. As someone here said,a lot depends on your branch, a good manager can shield you from some of it.

If you are a new tech looking for a foot hold, Lennox might be worth it.
    Oh, the training, I have been here 2 years and haven't had any. You can go to some website and take some generic courses (not paid) but I could do that on my own. Just my honest opinion, feel free to disagree. One last disclaimer, The techs I work with and my manager all all great,health benefits are fairly good. It is the CORPORATE part of LENNOXNAS that is driving all the problems.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RFk1ll View Post
    I have been reading this thread with interest. As a card carrying nas tech for the past 2 years, I can probably add a few things of interest. Let me say I have allready decided to look for employment elsewhere by summer.

Just about every thing said here, good and bad, is true. I think the world of my manager, he started out as a tech, became a manager, and has shielded his techs from a lot of corperate bull****. The drive time issues, we get 12.00 for any drive time out of our area, and for "training" (which isn't training, more like van inspection, safety meeting) .
    We have always been short on techs in the summer, and short on work in the winter. Lennox just got rid of severel techs, days before Christmas, and laid the law down to the rest of us. My manager and 2 techs are quitting over the way the corporate mentality has taking over. When we were IBS it wasn't this way, this is all Lennox.
    Many techs are untrained, this is in fact a way to pay people less money. If you do make decent money, your job be the first cut in all probability.

Lennox reacts with typical knee jerk mentality over safety, we get threatened with automatic firing if we don't back into parking spaces,carry a voltage probe at ALL times, have a climbing harness on (with nowhere to hook it!) at ALL times, all equipment must be locked out, even for filter changes, etc.

I realize a lot of this may sound petty, but it all boils down to this. LennoxNAS treats its employees like ****. You are a number, low wages ( I make less then 20.00/hr far less then area average), threats, and we are losing customers rapidly.
    I have been an HVAC tech for 20 years, and worked for a lot of companies, some good, some bad, and for me, the amount of crap verses the low wages and threats is not a good fit. And to the poster that was wondering about Austin,TX, run away dude, the have fired the last 3 managers in quick succession and the techs quit constantly. As someone here said,a lot depends on your branch, a good manager can shield you from some of it.

If you are a new tech looking for a foot hold, Lennox might be worth it.
    Oh, the training, I have been here 2 years and haven't had any. You can go to some website and take some generic courses (not paid) but I could do that on my own. Just my honest opinion, feel free to disagree. One last disclaimer, The techs I work with and my manager all all great,health benefits are fairly good. It is the CORPORATE part of LENNOXNAS that is driving all the problems.
    Screw that. You couldn't get me to even think for $20 an hour.
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast