Thread: Luxaire vs. ICP

I like the new Aclimate -Luxaire, but also heard that ICP has dealt with the Heat exchangers issues.

ICP is a bit noisy, how is Luxaire's Aclimate noise-wise ?

Any known (or hidden) problems ?

Luxaire is York's second tier, but I hear at the supplier's house they are being good.

Any experience outthere ?

Originally posted by bananaboy
    Yes, and I can assure you that the ICP 'heat exchanger' issues are INSTALL RELATED!!!

ICP being noisy, INSTALL RELATED!!!

Acclimate, and Affinity are the same unit, just different name .

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If you have an ICP 90% furnace that is noisy, then something is terribly wrong, because they are by far the quietest out there. Also some of the cleanest venting when using the C,H,T9 series. No need to vent out the side. I do believe with the York/Luxaire, one vent comes out the side
    (somebody correct me if I am wrong, I've been wrong many times before!But as we say, we're all learning.)

Originally posted by hvacprodmgr
    If you have an ICP 90% furnace that is noisy, then something is terribly wrong, because they are by far the quietest out there. Also some of the cleanest venting when using the C,H,T9 series. No need to vent out the side. I do believe with the York/Luxaire, one vent comes out the side
    (somebody correct me if I am wrong, I've been wrong many times before!But as we say, we're all learning.)
    Note sure what you mean one vent comes out the side.

Both vents are suppose to terminate at the same place, weather side, or throught the roof.
    Contractor locator map

I meant either the combustion exhaust Flue or the Air intake flue must come in one of the sides of the furnace. But like I said I was not 100% sure that was the case with York. With ICP you can have both come out of the top of the furnace, sometimes making for an easier and neater installation than having to take an intake or exhaust out of one side of a furnace.

looks like ICP is preffered choice than Luxaire. By the way Luxaire uses tubular HE (like Amana, York) which is touted to never fail.

I like the 1/2 HP blower motor used on ICP 50,000 and 75,000 BTU furnaces, gives you more air in the second floor.

Oh.

hvacprodmgr.

luxaire is out the top for both vent and combustion air.

bannanaboy.

Luxaire is the same as York.(just different jacket)

Check out the Affinity, and Acclimate line.

Its not the hp of the blower motor that counts, its the duct work.

If you use a large hp motor to get air to the second floor, you also make the first floor noisey.
    Contractor locator map

Originally posted by jultzya
    Originally posted by bananaboy
    Yes, and I can assure you that the ICP 'heat exchanger' issues are INSTALL RELATED!!!

are you talking about the heat exchanger or the condensers cracking. I installed about 20 ICP units between 1999-2001.They were all crap. condensers all cracked at the tube sheets. I replaced 4 condensers along with the tubing upgrade kit. The refrigeration piping in an ICP rooftop unit looks like a 4 year old did it.

Originally posted by lowtemp
    are you talking about the heat exchanger or the condensers cracking. I installed about 20 ICP units between 1999-2001.They were all crap. condensers all cracked at the tube sheets. I replaced 4 condensers along with the tubing upgrade kit.
    I was talking about the 'HE' as in a 'furnace'. People talk crap about them and the real issues were INSTALL related! (like the two over in the Pro's forum, with the 1.2 & 1.4 TESP!)

The condensor issue was the missing dampners from the discharge line. If they were installed before commisioning equipment, they would have never had the issue. The sad thing is, some did get installed before they knew there was a problem.

That didn't make the units TRASH, just a simple (factory) mistake that UNFORTUNATELY had to happen. Every manufacture has there time in the barrel. And I feel like ICP has few mistakes for the wide variety of equipment they manufacture.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by beenthere
    [B]Oh.

hvacprodmgr.

luxaire is out the top for both vent and combustion air.

Thanks for the clarification ! I told 'ya I'm not always correct !