+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What sizeTXV for Delfield Salad Prep Table(top rail).

Post Likes

What sizeTXV for Delfield Salad Prep Table(top rail).

I have a Delfield (model #18699PTB, serial #BJT538601-T) R/I Cooler- Salad Prep table. Bottom cools just fine but the top does not refrigerate at all. LLS Coil energizes but still no refrigeration TD. Its hard working on this unit cause its the store's only prep table and they're always busy. So I set up a time and I want to have a LLS and TXV stocked when I get there.
    My question is this unit calls for a TXV part#351-6225 which I believe is low temp 0-*-40 degrees 1/4 ton. I have a 1/4 ton meduim temp 50-*-10 degree TXV. Does the top rail salad prep require a low temp TXV?

Post Likes

Lightbulb

Need more info, ie..flavor refrigerant, pressures.... and if top rail has no fan then yes it is treated as low temp...

Hope this helps...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Post Likes
    Thank you you've answered my question. It's 404a refrigerant and 220#/55#. It has no fans; just a cold rail on top. Its a salad prep table used to chill mayo, lettuce, tomato, veggies, etc. And should maintain a box temp of 35*-38*. Controlled by a low pressure switch cut-in @ 50* and cut out @ 25*.

Post Likes
    size by the btu of compressor

Post Likes
    Why make it hard? Call Delfield parts dept. and get a part number in minutes. You've got model and serial. In fact, OP already has part number. I googled it and saw in the Delfield online Parts Manual "Low Temp 1/4 ton TXV R-404a." Looks like a Sporlan.

Since its not flowing at all, you might try swapping powerhead first... probably a KT43-SZ.

Just my 2cents..

Post Likes

Lightbulb

trippintl0 - you are spot on, and yes delfield uses spollan valves and thats all he would need to change providing solenoid is firing...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Post Likes
    Every time I've called Delfield about TXV's, they are only able to give me the delfield part number; when I ask what sporlan number it is they tell me they don't know. Both the parts and the service departments tell me the same thing.

Does anyone know of a cross ref for this?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmdave View Post
    Every time I've called Delfield about TXV's, they are only able to give me the delfield part number; when I ask what sporlan number it is they tell me they don't know. Both the parts and the service departments tell me the same thing.

Does anyone know of a cross ref for this?
    Thats my problem. I can't get a part #351-6225 txv on a local purchase; recommended by delfield tech support. But their service manual for that model calls for a part #351-6273. These delfield part # mean nothing to the local suppliers as far as sizing a compatible valve.
    I did indeed call the manufacturer but the don't know the oem part #s. I looked in the service manual for the unit and it calls for a delfield part #3516273 (sporlan part #y1001-fbs- 1/4 -c) for the 2 evaps in r/i and for the top rail. Delfield told me the txv for top rail should be 0* to -40*.
    My problem is its the weekend so I have no technical support, no suppliers open, and have only til 5-8am tommorrow to complete the job. The only two Txv's I have is a sparlon #y1001-fbs- 1/4 -c and a sparlon #efs- 1/4 -c.

Post Likes

Lightbulb

As far as crossing Heritage can help you with that....

Both of those valves you have are med temp...

And Ideas on what should be where and used, I'd like to think we do a pretty good job of helping on this site...

Post Likes

Lightbulb

Oh ya and dealing with various Tech supports , You just have to ask the right questions and you will get the answers you are looking for.

IE.. If I were talking to Delfield tech support and he could not cross a part, I would simply ask him OK what is the upper or lower section rated for , They can answer that and even if they can't tell you what compressor, or valve goes in there they can tell you the required BTU's or temps needed to cool unit, and you should be able to take it from there.

Sometimes it also the experience level of the support tecnician you are speaking to and you just have to ask question to his level or in a way he can understand them, they've got all the answers there as to the parts that go into treir equipment.

And for those who need help diagnosing a problem keep in mind there are a lot of variables in the work we do and they are not there and can only go off the informatiom that we provide them with....so don't overthink things...

I hope this Helps...

Post Likes
    I've worked on those models before. The y1001-fbs- 1/4 -c is the correct one for both top and bottom. Are you sure it's not just low on refrigerant. When low it's the top rail that goes first. The lower evaporator coils have a tendancy to corrode and leak.

Post Likes

Lightbulb

Unless the cold rail has fans in it then its to be treated as a low temp section...

C - charge power head + 50*F - -10*F comercial temp / Medium temp
    Z - charge power head 0*F - -40*F low tem

In order to bring the upper section down to temp and not be a the end of its range the proper choice would be the Z charge power head..

Delfield specs these units to be at least +18*F 1 inch above cold well floor and to make it there in under 90 min. It would be a poor choice to choose the commercial power head.... But thats just my

Post Likes

Rusty power head

Change power head. Usally the problem. Under the insulation you will find it badly rusted. Also readly avalibale at supply counter.

Post Likes
    To All:

Thank you for your input. I changed the txv on the unit using a low temp power head on the new existing meduim temp txv replacement I had ready and it works like a champ.
    I tried changing the power head first and blowing nitro through the system. It had a lot of oil coming out of the txv body. When I put it back together it still had no flow. So I changed the entire body and it immediately started working.
    Thanks for all of your inputs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in