Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question

Trane WCD180B300DA
    Will a digital thermostat model BAYSENS019B work on this unit. Trane says in will and I can't get it todo anything other than power up, the wiring diagram does not even look correct for this unit. Help,

Hi hvact,
    Yes, the 19B will work with that heat pump. It doesn't have a switch for emergency heat.
    Depending upon the age of the heat pump, you may have to adjust the Baud rate of the thermostat in the options menu.
    That would be the first thing that I would check.
    Good Luck,
    Allen

Maybe you should read the paper that came with the tstat or did you wipe your ass with it.

Originally posted by bku46
    Maybe you should read the paper that came with the tstat or did you wipe your ass with it.
    Hey!! Easy there big boy.. Maybe he doesnt understand the conversion, if any, He is asking a question. Would you like a reply like that to one of your questions? Unless you know everything????? I dont think soooo.

ultatech, I do nkow it all.

Oh, sorry about that. Your just here to make stupid comments.

I have looked at read and tried the wiring diagram. The thermostat is 24 volt powered, The wiring diagram calls for the stat to be powered from (the heatpump)terminal 14 (24 volt) and the common from terminal 11 if it's voyager I, II LTB, voyager III LTB1, Intellipak TB4, and Precedent J6.

The problem I have is that the terminal 14 is 24 volts ac fused (out). And terminal 11 is supposed to be the common for the stat but terminal 11 is 32 volts DC.

SO my question is. Why am I using terminal 11 (32 volt dc)as a common for a 24 volt stat.

I am replacing a Baysens009B stat with the Baysens019B programmable stat.

I hope this gives enough info to help me out. If anymore information will help just ask.

Thanks for the help,and comments of a negative nature should not be used here. But I'm sure some people know it all from birth. I ask, read and listen to learn. I guess somethings wrong with me.

I used to think I was the biggest dickhead on here...hehe
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Have you actually measured 32 VDC on terminal 11? It is supposed to be a common terminal. 11 common, 12 32VDC serial communication, & 14 24VAC.

Exclamation RESTRICTION Forthcoming

ultatech, I do know it all.
    Hopefully, Boss will place
    FULL Restiction
    on this NON-Pro !

[Edited by dan sw fl on 06-26-2005 at 08:58 AM]
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Senior Tech Guest

Except how to spell...you rude, inconsiderate jerk. Take it to another site.

I did not actually check terminal 11 but the diagram on the equipment states in to be 32 vdc.
    I will check this when I return to the church, The reason I ask about this stat is it's not listed in the equipment manual as a usable programmable stat. I know this is a newer stat and the equipment was manufactured in 1993, so this stat would not be listed in the manual of this equipment.
    This will be long, but I'm going to throw it all out here. It may not be needed but I'll tell all that I know about this unit.
    Ok I know that the old stat that is on the unit now is using 5vdc and it is connected to the 5vdc inputs on the terminal strip.
    This new programmable stat has a wiring diagram that show me connecting this stat to 32vdc outputs on the terminal strip.
    Now terminal 20 is 24vac common, So I could power the stat from terminal 14 -24vac and terminal 20 -24vac common. But this is not what the print with the stat states.
    Here is the wiring diagram of the terminal strip in the unit.
    1---5v logic level dc,z temp, for zsm input to ucp
    2---5v logic level dc,common for zsm input to ucp
    3---5v logic level dc,csp, for zsm input to ucp
    4---5v logic level dc, mode, for zsm input to ucp
    5---5v logic level dc,hsp, for zsm input to ucp
    6---32vdc,led common, output from ucp to zsm
    7---32vdc,heat led, output from ucp to zsm
    8---32vdc,cool led, output from ucp to zsm
    9---32vdc,sys on led,output from ucp to zsm
    10---32vdc,service led, outputfrom ucp to zsm
    11---32vdc common output from ucp to programmable zsm or activate time clock.
    12---32vdc,communication link input/output from ucp to programmable zsm or activate time clock.
    13---24vac,cpri disable input for lpci
    14---24vac,fused through ucp output from tnsi transformer secondary.
    15---24vac,cpr2 disable input for lpc2
    16---24vac,output from tnsi transformer secondary"emergency stop"
    17---24vac, input from tnsi transformer secondary"emergency stop"
    18---5vdc logic level common, input to uem supply air sensor
    19---5vdc logic level,input to uem.supply air sensor
    20---24vac common, output from tnsi transformer secondary.
    1 test input "initates test mode"
    2 test input "initates test mode"

Now the stat that is there now is connected to
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7 from the same numbers on the stat
    The new stat has this diagram
    Common 11 on stat to 11 on unit.
    Communications 12 on stat to 12 on unit.
    24vac 14 on stat to 14 on unit.
    7 heat status(ucm input)on stat to 7 on unit.
    8 cool status (ucm input) on stat to 8 on unit.
    9 system status(on/off input) on stat to 9 on unit.
    10 service status (ucm input) on stat to 10 on unit
    S1 remote sensor
    S2 remote sensor
    Aux Relay (closed Ocuupied)
    Aux Relay (common)
    Aux Relay (closed-unoccupied)
    So I wired it this way and the display would pulse bright and dim but still readable. This I assumed came from the 32vdc common used for a 24vac stat.I did'nt have time to check anything else.
    I hope this helps explain why I'm here. This is a freebie job for a church that is struggling to save money. We decided to go with programmable stats to save on energy bills.
    I know that what I do there will have a meaning someday, I hope that others here can be forgiven for things they say here.
    Thanks to all the helpful technicians here.

Right Click, Save As: http://www.westernairsystems.com/dow...oprocessor.zip

You'll need a copy of Winzip to extract the file. It's free here: http://www.download.com/WinZip/3000-...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Go to page 137. Compare the old style terminal board to the new style terminal board. Your description indicates a new style board.

You need to use terminal 11, 12, and 14. Common is common. It doesn't matter DC or AC. They're both going to ground on the UCP. It seems that you have it connected properly. There seems to be a possible problem with your wiring or UCP outputs or terminal board connections.

Have you cleaned the jumpers between 13, 14, and 15? You are having LCD display issues. That indicates a problem with your 24VAC supply. Pop the jumpers and clean with some crocus cloth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast