Thread: hvac help

Hybrid View

I know we are not suppose to bring up brands but I am confused? My contractor mentioned putting a Whirlpool or Grande Air system in, I found very little info on the Whirlpool and no info on the Grande Air? Should I be worried?

There is no problem bringing up brands here. When you say your contractor, do you mean your general contractor who is building you a home or the HVAC contractor?

You don't want to talk to your general contractor about your heating and air conditioning. Most generals are ignorant and don't have any idea of HVAC quality. Generals only think "How cheap can I get the job done?".

Make sure you are dealing with your heating and cooling contractor.

whirpool has been around for years and they seem to last
    grande air i never heard of but if these are the brands he uses he must know them. not much to worrie about he does not want to be living at your house this is why he uses the brands he trusts

drcowboy, the reason I suspected that you may be dealing with a general contractor rather than an HVAC contractor is that the brands offered just "sound" like what a general contractor would offer when building a new home.

Most HVAC contractors would have given you some of the higher end brands to choose from.

grandaire is the same as gibson. 5yr unit. http://www.nordyne.com

This site is absolutely the best! As are all you Pro's!! It is a hvac guy who comes with high kudos. He mentioned those brands along with the more popular Rheem, Lennox and Rhuud. I am really having trouble deciding on which brand to go with. I know you all say the install makes the system and I beleive that but would like to invest my $$ properly.

since i deal with lenox and i like them also i would say go with lenox. stay with in your means and take the higher quality most lenox models you can get up to ten years parts and labor

Equipment Selection

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    stay with in your means and
    take the higher quality
    most lenox models you can get up to ten years parts and labor
    1. TRANE
    2. Lennox
    3. ____

Your HVAC sub-contractor should be your Best Friend! !!
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I've installed a lot of Graindaire units. They are great & made by Rheem, not Gibson. Great for new construction jobs.
    [email]chucksmech@yahoo.com

Originally posted by chucksmech
    I've installed a lot of Graindaire units. They are great & made by Rheem, not Gibson. Great for new construction jobs.
    Wrong, they are made by Nordyne, Rheem/Ruud makes Weatherking, Corsair
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.