Thread: window unit

working on a window unit. I have sweat on suction line al the way to the comp. suction press is 70. Temp on line going in evap is 40 deg. No high side port on unit yet. All seems well with the operation until the compressor shuts off after it runs for 15 minutes. I have no wiring diagram. It seems like the t stat on the unit is shutting it off early. Does anyone know what the letters identify on back of t-stat. (l,c,b,& h) I want to bypass the stat and see if it keeps running. Any ideas???

separate thermostat from fins of the evaporator and see what happens

I,C,B,H.....I Need A New Window Unit.......so the letters don't match up, sue me.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

these letters were off the selector sw. opps! thanks any way only 2 wires on t stat. dah!

Originally posted by Diceman
    I,C,B,H.....I Need A New Window Unit.......so the letters don't match up, sue me.

You beat me to it.
    It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

Lightbulb

O.k. here's what I have found so far.The thermister on top of the comp. was cutting out. Happening on two sep. units. tried getting sweat line to comp. by adding freon on the second unit and suction gage read 90 psi. evap. was only cold 3/4 up. outside air was 90 deg. The first unit ran good til it warmed up, then it started cutting out. It had 70 psi on suction gage and the sweat line went to the compressor. any ideas?