Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by adelac72 View Post
    it was cleaned two weeks ago.serviced and tuned up by a pro company aiello.
    they told me they would have to replace eventually my primary oil burner control but charged me crazy amount.I said no because I don't have the funds.I have been laid off and got a part time job that barely cover my needs.SO i did it myself and worked properly.Before they left they left me a diagnostic so that s how i did it following and researching in the internet with pros like you.
    Sounds like they missed something on their intial visit. Adjustment of the burner to provide proper flame readings to hold the control in CAN NOT be done by eye (touch, feel or smell for that matter). Need specialized test equipment that is very expensive. The fact that they told you that you would eventually need a primary is like saying you will need tires for your car some day. If you were not happy with the pro company you had the last time, get another.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Quote Originally Posted by adelac72 View Post
    it was cleaned two weeks ago.serviced and tuned up by a pro company aiello.
    they told me they would have to replace eventually my primary oil burner control but charged me crazy amount.I said no because I don't have the funds.I have been laid off and got a part time job that barely cover my needs.SO i did it myself and worked properly.Before they left they left me a diagnostic so that s how i did it following and researching in the internet with pros like you.

So you replaced a part that may not have been the problem. that doesn't save you any money. Since it was only cleaned 2 weeks ago. Good chance the service call may have been free. And only the repair would have been billed. And quiet possibly free, if it was anything they did incorrect by accident.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site, and the rules prohibit us from giving you this kind of help.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post
    Twilly is glad for HeyBob....
    What a great singer! And I thought Red Foxx had passed away!
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12