Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by docholiday
    ... The mod truley is that much better (try to find a complaint here)and it is competatively priced with other 2 stage units.

Is this furnace "overkill" for VA? I've had sales people recommend 2 stage gas furnaces but never this one

The mod is like fine wine, only appreciated by those with discriminating tastes. Some people will never be able to accept a furnace like the mod because it is designed to run 24/7.

I have put them in in Maryland and have nothing but rave remarks from the customers. Then again, I have seen them installed by others where the modulating feature has been overridden by the contractor not having a clue as to how to install them.

When I was repping Rheem/Ruud equipment I required that contractors wanting to install a mod be trained by myself to know how to properly do so.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

brand is not that important. If its a lousy installation it can make even the best brands a piece of crap. Find the best contractor in your area and go with it.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    When I was repping Rheem/Ruud equipment
    Wow! those sure were the good old days what happened?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Originally posted by lowtemp
    brand is not that important.

Does that apply to women also?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Originally posted by lit'l cat
    Originally posted by docholiday
    ... The mod truley is that much better (try to find a complaint here)and it is competatively priced with other 2 stage units.

Is this furnace "overkill" for VA? I've had sales people recommend 2 stage gas furnaces but never this one
    Not at all, the question was asked what was the best, and hands down the mod takes it. If you asked about oil furnaces you would get a resounding "Thermo-Pride". The bottom line is that there is one of each that stand out above any other (provided the installations are equal).

Many salesman dont know comfort if it came up and bit them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12