Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Any comments for furnaces to steer towards or steer away from? We will be replacing our 30 year old furnace and we live in a COLD climate

It's a house we are purchasing, so I have not been able to look into contractors yet - just curious about brands and want to do some research.

Thanks!

1st is contractor quality of install.
    Followed by reliable service.

Then brand, with a strong warranty.
    Piece of mind ignition system

But my choice on equipment is Lennox.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Lennox G61-MPV

westinghouse,frigidaire,tappan, 8yr parts warranty,quality pledge. philco,kelvinator, 6yr http://www.nordyne.com

lennox 2 stage variable speed

Amana still holds the best consumer ratings and still has the highest efficiency.

It's still best to go with what the better contractor recommends.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Install is what important... And sized right!

Best to go 2-stage heating w/ variable speed blower..

Also make sure get the 2-stage t-stat..

I perfer Trane.

Hopefully my boss or customers don't read this, but my personal favorite is still the Rheem/Ruud modulating furnace.

It may not be the most efficient, but properly sized and set up it is the most comfortable.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Hopefully my boss or customers don't read this, but my personal favorite is still the Rheem/Ruud modulating furnace.

It may not be the most efficient, but properly sized and set up it is the most comfortable.
    Rob, Your my hero! it's really hard to beat Ruud quality on any of their products, with the exception of maybe their air handlers. But you pay for their stuff also prices just went up again in June does the bleeding ever stop.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Everyone's prices have gone up. Mostly due to the high cost of steel and oil worldwide. Oh yea, and I got a raise that needs to be paid for

I'm with Bill & Robo. Nothing but nothing* beats the heating comfort of the Modulator. Running around 94% AFUE across the board ain't shabby! Stainless tubular heat exchanger vs aluminized crimped in Lennox & Trane. Spark ignition vs the miserable W-R Intell-ignition system in Lennox, Trane & Amana... But anyway, in a cold climate, you gotta check out the Mod from a Rheem or Ruud supplier. I've sold plenty of 2 stage but never heard customers praise a furnace so much until the Mod.

* in forced air that is

Well, if you have gas, I like Rheem/Rudd. Good dependable units with a reliable company. I like others like Lennox, BUT, like Lennox and some other brands when it does need repairs some parts must be ordered directly from Lennox. I've seen it take a week to get a blower motor. Just make sure whatever you buy, The contrator installing the unit will also service it.

I fully agree, there is no furnace that can compare in comfort to the mod, and for the most part many of us simply cannot fathom that there is a significant difference by specifications alone. The mod truley is that much better (try to find a complaint here)and it is competatively priced with other 2 stage units.

Yeah, unfortunalely price increases are part of the biz. Metal, aluminum, copper, it asll has gone up and in some cases 2-300%. Rising oil costs add to production costs as well as shipping when you consider how many trucks the raw materials travel on from the beginning to parts to end products. (the mod recently had a price reduction btw)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast