Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have done it i was in a company they purchased worked there for 2 years and left they pestered me and 3 othors for a few years to return to build up the service dept light commercial so i did it got the shaft out of it 4 bonus's vac pay and no raise for 3 years finaly started my own compay 5 months latter they shut down

I have a friend that still works for NAS and the latest trend is "energy savings", he got called to the office and one of the bureaucrats searched his service truck. to make a long story short they made him get rid of about 80% of the inventory, straight to the dumpster,they gave him a list of the tools and parts he is allow to have in the van. surprise searches are to come and cant be found in possession of more than 2 screw drivers or else, sounds like jail to me

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    I have a friend that still works for NAS and the latest trend is "energy savings", he got called to the office and one of the bureaucrats searched his service truck. to make a long story short they made him get rid of about 80% of the inventory, straight to the dumpster,they gave him a list of the tools and parts he is allow to have in the van. surprise searches are to come and cant be found in possession of more than 2 screw drivers or else, sounds like jail to me
    I worked for A-nother R-ipoff S-ervice Company that is probably worse then Service Experts.

Had Service Experts here for awhile but they didn't last.

I've worked for Corporations for the last 15 years.

Went back to a single owner local shop this year.

Love it!! Finally FREE from the idiots who think they know how to run an HVAC Company but really don't have a clue.

Looks like in NYS Lennox NAS is about to slam the doors, they have lost 98% of their clients. the GAP being the latest. no a big surprice

I completely forgot about Service Experts (a Lennox company). I worked for a contractor that had just recently been bought out by Service Experts. The contractor was still doing business as they had before the buyout. This was back in the times when Service Experts was buying R/LC HVAC contractors left & right. Is Service Experts & Lennox NAS the same thing now?

Quote Originally Posted by prounionelp View Post
    a Is Service Experts & Lennox NAS the same thing now?
    Same garbage!! although I heard through the grapevine that re-branding is about to take place and the Lennox name would be removed from the service side in an attempt to protect the brand.
    Funny,Service Experts/NAS are currently bidding local chiller and industrial work but most of their "techs" don't know how to change a thermocouple, I guess their goal is to screw the whole market really bad before going belly up.
    Hire a monkey,give it a wrench, pay it bananas and charge a very low rate for highly technical work, that's Lennox nas business plan in a nutshell, the problem is sooner or later the monkey screws things really bad and the customer leaves or the monkey learns how to fix stuff and the monkey quits

Why would they have to protect the brand? They should've been hiring competent techs!

Quote Originally Posted by prounionelp View Post
    Why would they have to protect the brand? They should've been hiring competent techs!
    Here is the deal, Lennox bread and butter are units sales,still many HVAC contractors buy and install Lennox equipment unaware that Lennox is also aggressively competing against them for the same service and installation work, no other HVAC manufacturer is doing such cause fears of loosing units sales, dissociating the Lennox brand from the service side is the logical gimmick, wonder why it took them so long.
    Last edited by Stamas; 01-18-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Keep it civil please.

Well, Lennox is alone being in unitary products only OEM & having a service division. Carrier, McQuay, Trane & York all manufacture equipment but not limited to unitary products though. If you're unitary products only OEM & run service, then you're competing basically against everyone out there. The other manufacturers on the other hand, the main service focus is applied systems. The competition isn't as great there.

I made good money there chasing same day call-backs from their piece work installers. And from their salesman/tech look-a-likes that couldn't do anything but sell. Working 7am to 11pm got old especially when most after 7pm calls were installs from earlier that day that never worked.

3 day a week meetings to teach the techs how to rip people off is not of my interest either.

That does not surprise me with lennox nas ,any benner techs left. Buying good companies and running them into the ground .

First off, Lennox NAS and Service Experts service two completely different markets and share no similarities on how the business is run. SE is residential and LNAS is commercial.

Secondly, I've been watching pope spew his mouth on here for a few months with lies and misinformation. Suffice it to say that he has absolutely NO inside information about the customers, branding or business model of NAS. If someone is honestly looking for information regarding the company, take heed an find a higher quality source of information.

Who knows the difference between a split system & a condenserless packaged unit?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast