Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anyone worked for Service Experts

They seem like a big outfit. I saw a job opportunity for a commercial service tech, but i thought they were all residential? I thought they were basically the residential Lennox group, and that NAS Lennox was the commercial side?

Currently employed by SEI. Great benefits spiffs, comissions and plenty of year round hours. Downsides are call center, hand held computers (S.L.O.W) and remote dispatching, which will be the end of this company.

Hand held computers...soon to be updated

Hows their commercial side?

if you really need a job then go and work for Lennox NAS till you find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    if you really need a job then go and work for Lennox NAS till you find something else.
    Well when i applied for the job on lennox's site i thought it was the NAS division but i didnt see the little "se" in the job title.
    Besides, whats wrong with the NAS? Why would you make a statement like that, as if they suck and are just a temp job until a real one comes along?

Sorry if that sounds kind of defensive but im really curious!

Im 39, and im looking for a long term career.Been job hopping too much in the last 5 years trying to find the perfect company. Witch i have found they all have their issues. I figured the bigger companies would offer the better bennies and retirement.

There are some Commercial offices in Service Experts but they're not setup to really do commercial. They have lost big accounts because of this.
    I currently work for SE in Atlanta and will be looking for some place else come July. Seems to get worse each year.
    If you like 25 cent raises and lower salary then go for it. All they care about is EBIT and shareholders...the typical Corporate environment.

I used to work for them - they did both Commercial and resi. They bought a Lennox dealer with about 60 guys working for it - ten years later their was about ten left. Most guys just left or started their own show. They destroyed the company with poor management, call centres in Dallas don't work that well in Ontario. Too bad.

MY THOUGHTS

I have personally been employed by this group… Its my pleasure to say “WELCOME TO CORPERATE AMERICA” and when I say that I mean you are to follow a script written by someone that only has an idea how they would like to see things work and how they think it should be. Textbook protocol. If you can get on your knees on a daily basis and stoop to whatever level they so desire at that moment then praise the area service manager and ohh and ahh him for letting you even be in his presence, then it may work out for you…. Otherwise, If you are able to think on your own, (outside the box) save money, time, man hrs. and even look out for the companies best interest… Well steer clear partner… During my short stint I visited several other branches and gee whiz shuchs brainwashing amway cultsters they are, I have been in the industry over 15 years and I wouldn’t let them service my sewer drain…

Worked for them long ago when they were first starting. It was a job, nuf said. Got offered a commercial job about a year ago but when I asked how much I had a hell of a time not laughing. They don't pay crap. On top of that they were starting up some of thier new units and couldn't get them going. The customer called us to look at the units with Lennox. They were under charged, that was the only problem. They are idiots here.

Worked for SE contractor for 5 years before spin-off of our center. SE is good place to learn and grow and Lennox, owner, is a NYSE listed blue chip firm. Mostly interested in resi with light comm too. Great place to learn!

lennox nas

bought the company i worked for had 100 techs ,when i left there were 15 left within 9 months time frame .I was maxxed out at pay rate .I left ,co worker and boss also left,give them a hour a day pay for uniforms it was a job ,if you travel outside your area they will pay you 12.00 joke ,more negatives then positives. When things are slow you will have to use vacation time .Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by emtim View Post
    bought the company i worked for had 100 techs ,when i left there were 15 left within 9 months time frame .I was maxxed out at pay rate .I left ,co worker and boss also left,give them a hour a day pay for uniforms it was a job ,if you travel outside your area they will pay you 12.00 joke ,more negatives then positives. When things are slow you will have to use vacation time .Good luck
    right on, Lennox NAS was designed to screw the techs as much as possible, the oncall pay is also gone,health insurance plan a joke and so the pay,training....what training? is going to be harder for them to stay in business using such poor model, time will tell.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast