Trane Intellipak

Question: I want to control a constant voluum intellipak with a return air sensor, and program the human interface to run the unit in "auto", and the fan in "on". I do not want any controls installed in the controlled space. Can this be done??? Thanks, Clone28

Hi Clone 28,
    Yes, you can set your unit up in that manner.
    Pull two wires through the unit, land the two wires on 1TB4-1 & 2. The other end of the wires get connected to your zone sensor.
    Good luck,
    Allen
    UA Local 602
    A man who says that he can't learn anything in a class is exactly right.

Trane Intellipak

Thanks for the reply Allen. I have installed a return air sensor and connected it to 1tb4 1 & 2, and attempted to change the setup to put the unit in Auto, and the fan in "on", but keep getting "occ heating setpoint error". I understand it can be done, I just need to figure it out. This is an application where the owner wants all control taken away from the space occupants. Will be giving it another shot later this coming week. Thanks Allen, Clone28

Look at your 'GBAS' settings, these are the generic building automation inputs. see where these are assigned to. may have to set to defualts, which i cant remember and the book is in the truck and i'm still havin my first cup o'joe. sorry, let me know if i can look any thing up for ya

Trane Intellipak

Thanks MUNC -- I think you just gave me the info I need to make the changes needed. I appreciate the help very much. clone28

So did you get your problem sorted out.. If so, Can you share some of the clues... As I am also facing the problem.. That is of same type too.. So may be that would help me too.

Hello,
    When an alarm is received that says "Occupied Heating (or Cooling) Setpoint Failure" indicates that in Setpoint Source Selection someone has set the unit to look for a setpoint from a source that is not connected or available to the IntelliPak. Go to Setpoint Source Selection and set the problem setpoint back to Default or Keypad depending on the age of the unit.
    Good Luck,
    Allen
    UA Local 602
    A man who says that he can't learn anything in a class is exactly right.

Trane Intellipak

Thanks Allen -- I will be going back to the jobsite friday morning to attempt to reconfigure the controls to look at the RA sensor I have installed in the unit. The unit is for a clean room. The owner wants all control taken away from the occupants of this clean room as they will not leave the wall stat alone, and he does not want a lock-up put on. They do not want me messing with it while it is occupied. So friday is my chance to make the changes without chancing shutting things down. I installed the sensor friday before last, but could not figure the configureation out, so left it the way it was for the time being, until I could search for the answer. I appreciate all the help I have received here, and Dubline, I will get back on-line saturday or next week and let you know how I faired. Surely it will not be that hard to figure out. The GBAS settings, and or Setpoint Source Selection will be where I need to be. One more Alligator to slay. Clone28

Quote Originally Posted by Dubline View Post
    So did you get your problem sorted out.. If so, Can you share some of the clues... As I am also facing the problem.. That is of same type too.. So may be that would help me too.
    Link Removed
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 04-03-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Link Removed

Trane Intellipak

Dubline ---- I used the older Trane Intellipak programming, troubleshooting guide RT-SVP01A-EN, May 2003. On P.24 in SETUP it gives you a guide on putting the system in AUTO, and fan in ON, which is what I wanted. Then since I had installed a return air sensor for space temp control, I needed to set the occupied cooling setpoint, and the occupied heating setpoint which I did in "setpoints". I landed the new RA sensor on TB4-1 & 2. Disconnected all the wires from the stat in the clean room conditioned space. Set the cooling SP on 67 degrees and heating on 65 degrees as they requested. Hope this helps Dubline. "Allen" gave me the start on where I needed to go and I thank him. Good luck Dubline. Clone28, Local 533