Thread: McQuay or AAON

McQuay or AAON

Let's hear it, which do you prefer?

McQuay.. At least when it arrives on the jobsite you do not have to go in and complete what they didn't do on the assembly line.

There are good/better/best within any brand. you should pick a product for a given application, and not all companies fit the same bill. Given my choice, probably not mcquay, but not for quality reasons.

I looks like everyone has their favorite , and a lot of experiences are different.

Hands down McQuay for chill water AHU's. We service and repair well over 100 units at a large Navy/Army facility. Most of our equip is McQuay, some Trane, York, Carrier and Temptrol. Not a big favorite of some older McQuay stuff but their product over the last 10 years is great. Love the diamond tread plate in the return plus SS drain pans. IMO McQuay is the easiest to service...
    Last edited by Skip1; 03-26-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar

I say go Mcquay we have been spending tons of money in research and development. Also if you are ordering it with the new Microtech 3 it is very user friendly.

Th aaons (40 ton AHU)that I serviced had pretty bad workmanship. The brazing done on these units looked like they were done by a 4 year old. We had a brand new unit we had to changed the Evap. on due to multiple leaks in coil. Mcquay is the better product

I vote for McQuay. I have never had any good experiences with AAON.

Talking McQuay by far is the BEST

I have worked on just about every manufacture over the past 35 years. Hands down McQuay is the best unit out there. The controls and the access in to the unit is designed well for service. Communications to the bas is so easy. I have heard nothing but bad news from all other units. This is my opinion.