Hi, I live on the 2nd floor of a two-story apartment complex. For the last month or so, my downstairs neighbor seems to have been running his AC 24 hours a day. Sometimes it's on even on cold nights. The other day, it was on all night on a rainy night! It is so noisy--the big fan unit thing is mounted right above my bedroom. Every FIVE TO FIFTEEN MINUTES, around the clock, it kicks in hard with a loud bang, grinds loudly for a few minutes, makes another bang, whines for a few minutes, and then makes a flump sound and goes off. I haven't been able to sleep at all. The worst part of this is how frequently it goes on. I know he's home, so whatever is happening, he must be feeling it. The landlord said that AC units have to kick in hard and loudly to work, but I can't believe that the unit needs to go on every 5 to 15 minutes (sometimes 5 on, 5 off, over and over again, on COOL NIGHTS). It is ruining my health, my work life, and my sanity... I hope that somebody who reads this might have some advice? Maybe something I can ask the landlord to do, or point out what might be wrong? Please help!!!