+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone here work directly for Daikin?

Post Likes

Does anyone here work directly for Daikin?

Hi, do you work for Daikin?

Post Likes
    i don't ..... never heard of it ...
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    i don't ..... never heard of it ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daikin

Post Likes
    oh... thanks...now I have heard of it....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Are you not considering Daikin-McQuay Factory Service as Daikin?

Post Likes
    I guess I would be, if that's how it's being rolled out now. Any McQuay factory service van I see around here just says McQuay...

Do you work for Daikin-McQuay?

Post Likes
    No, I don't. I've been in the newer Davie location. The building says "Daikin-McQuay". I was told their vans would soon be bearing the name Daikin-McQuay Factory Service. Now that the Goodman acquisition has been completed, who knows what's going to happen.

Post Likes
    Well, in my opinion, they purchased Goodman so they would have manufacturing facilities here for more light commercial/residential applications. Buying McQuay took care of the industrial applications.

I'm noticing a trend for pairing an inverter condenser to a typical, standard central air handler, rather than placing multiple evaporator units thought a space in plain sight. I know there are ducted, concealed units available, but having a traditional air handler lends itself useful for retrofits to existing ductwork.

Most of the efficiency from mini splits comes from the compressor inverter anyway, so I see no reason why shifting the approach slightly more to a traditional, American layout wouldn't work well for them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    Well, in my opinion, they purchased Goodman so they would have manufacturing facilities here for more light commercial/residential applications. Buying McQuay took care of the industrial applications.

I'm noticing a trend for pairing an inverter condenser to a typical, standard central air handler, rather than placing multiple evaporator units thought a space in plain sight. I know there are ducted, concealed units available, but having a traditional air handler lends itself useful for retrofits to existing ductwork.

Most of the efficiency from mini splits comes from the compressor inverter anyway, so I see no reason why shifting the approach slightly more to a traditional, American layout wouldn't work well for them.
    I like the way you are thinking. Was wondering that myself.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    All Mcquay Service vans still say Mcquay because the service division does not own the rights yet to the Daikin Mcquay name, as the service division acts as its own entity. This fall the big change should be coming where everything is only Daikin. I believe Daikin bought Goodman to further expand their residential market in the US and keep a leg up over Carrier as the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world.

Post Likes
    I have a family friend that works for McQuay out in Vancouver, what did you really want to know about them?

Post Likes
    This is a new world move...

In ten years we will no longer know "split systems" as we do now........

We are slow to catch on.......

Only speaking for myself, I've got a lot to learn....

"Value our Differences"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in