Thread: Janitrol/Goodman will not shut off

Post Likes

Confused

I have a Janitrol heat pump three zone system with a 5 ton and 2 3.5 ton units cooling 5500 sq ft. When may a/c is running it never shuts off. I just got a $843.00 electric bill for the month of May '05.
    Issue is: The thermostat is set at 78 degrees, once the temp reaches 78 degrees the units will not cycle off. Runs continously. Need Help.

Could I have a stuck contactor? I did notice there were spider webs in the wiring area on the outdoors compressor unit?

Current example: Downstairs 3.5 units reached the 78 degrees at 10:38 am as of now (10:58) still running. I can manually move up the temp to 79 and system shuts off.

I have never had a electic billover $500. until this month.

Orginally I had this problem with the units 3 threes ago. unfortunally the service guy that fixed it passed away. Several service people have looked at it and they say it is fixed then once a load is put on it, it happens again.

Post Likes
    What kind of tstats are on these units. If you set the tstat to 79 will it cycle normally? Will it shutdown when temp reaches 79?
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes
    This is a duplicated post/thread. Please stick to one thread.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I have LuxPro Tstats. No it does not cycle off when it reaches 79.

Example:

Set at 79 once t-stats show 79 is will take from 29 to 25 minutes for the units to shut off. I have a degree swing set at 2.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in