Frown

I have a Janitrol heat pump three zone system with a 5 ton and 2 3.5 ton units cooling 5500 sq ft. When may a/c is running it never shuts off. I just got a $843.00 electric bill for the month of May '05.
    Issue is: The thermostat is set at 78 degrees, once the temp reaches 78 degrees the units will not cycle off. Runs continously. Need Help.

Could I have a stuck contactor? I did notice there were spider webs in the wiring area on the outdoors compressor unit?

Current example: Downstairs 3.5 units reached the 78 degrees at 10:38 am as of now (10:58) still running. I can manually move up the temp to 79 and system shuts off.

I have never had a electic billover $500. until this month.

Orginally I had this problem with the units 3 threes ago. unfortunally the service guy that fixed it passed away. Several service people have looked at it and they say it is fixed then once a load is put on it, it happens again.

[Edited by rbrown3553 on 06-19-2005 at 12:56 PM]

Bit complicated with so little information. You can spend under 200 clams and have them gone over thoroughly by a skilled technician. That seems to me to be your best bet.

With 12 ton of cooling I assume you live in a mansion. Whay does the installation company of these systems have to say about this?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

As mentioned, a lot more information is needed. Right now my troll meter is going off the scale.

janitrol not shutting off

I have a Janitrol heat pump three zone system with a 5 ton and 2 3.5 ton units cooling 5500 sq ft. When may a/c is running it never shuts off. I just got a $843.00 electric bill for the month of May '05.
    Issue is: The thermostat is set at 78 degrees, once the temp reaches 78 degrees the units will not cycle off. Runs continously. Need Help.

Could I have a stuck contactor? I did notice there were spider webs in the wiring area on the outdoors compressor unit?

Current example: Downstairs 3.5 units reached the 78 degrees at 10:38 am as of now (10:58) still running. I can manually move up the temp to 79 and system shuts off.

I have never had a electic billover $500. until this month.

Orginally I had this problem with the units 3 threes ago. unfortunally the service guy that fixed it passed away. Several service people have looked at it and they say it is fixed then once a load is put on it, it happens again.

You need to call a different company. If those units don't shut off at 78 degrees,they should keep pulling the temp down to at least 74 maybe lower. You have more than a control problem.......call a local HVAC supply house and ask if they could recommend a good contractor, not the cheapest. JMO
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

If your name is not eddy, I agree with smokin68. There is still no where near enough info to even attempt to figure out what the problem is.

It would really be odd to have three systems all screwing up at the same time. This is why I am considering that this may be a brand bashing troll thread. Get some pertinent info on the operation of the systems along with specific model numbers of indoor and outdoor equipment and maybe we can do some intelligent analysis.

Bull**** thread. Janitrol in a mansion should be your first clue.

let the bashing begin.............
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

This is not bashing. This is costing me $840. a month. I have a LuxPro T-stat set with a 2 degree swing. Set tstat at 78 once tstat reaches 78 is take from 19 to 25 minutes to shut off.

As for the individuals accusing this as bashing, please don't respond. I need some serious help.

You are correct, you do need serious help. Since you do not know how to post proper information you seriously need to call a contractor.

If your intent is not to bash but rather to get advice, you have got your advice. Without getting someone to your home who can diagnose your systems you are just wasting your time and money.