Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mounting Air Handler

Post Likes
    Originally posted by markymark
    Originally posted by beenthere
    Markymark.

But would you order a car over the internet that you had to put together yourself .

As a matter of fact if I wanted to I would buy a car over the internet and put it together, since I'm a mechanic it would be a piece of cake but not really practicle
    LOL...

Dang, I could have had you put that GTX together for me, and done your a/c for you.

Post Likes
    so, buy a ManualD or ASHRAE Fundamentals, study to learn how big of a return you need, what size plenums are necessary, weld together an angle iron stand, attach some sheet metal, run the return duct. Buy 2 pr aviation grade tin snips --

BTW, what is the easiest way to drop a gas tank from a 1991 Toyota? does it have a pump in that tank? does it have a filter in the tank? can I just put it up on stands?

Post Likes

[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL...

Dang, I could have had you put that GTX together for me, and done your a/c for you.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Well hell go out and get an other car that's in pieces and I'll put it together.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by cem-bsee

BTW, what is the easiest way to drop a gas tank from a 1991 Toyota? does it have a pump in that tank? does it have a filter in the tank? can I just put it up on stands?
    I work at a Chevrolet dealership and mainly work on GM cars and trucks and now Mercedes since I just purchased one but what make Toyota do you have?

Post Likes
    lots of luck send pics afterwards

Post Likes
    Hey Markymark you said:

I work at a Chevrolet dealership and mainly work on GM cars and trucks

Ive got an 87 silverado 2 wd : whats the best way to pull the left side gas tank? I got the protective cover off of it , but how do I get to the bolts to drop the tank WITHOUT pulling the bed off

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2
    Hey Markymark you said:

I work at a Chevrolet dealership and mainly work on GM cars and trucks

Ive got an 87 silverado 2 wd : whats the best way to pull the left side gas tank? I got the protective cover off of it , but how do I get to the bolts to drop the tank WITHOUT pulling the bed off

Well it's been a while since I have worked on a truck that old but there should be two bolts going through two gas tank straps and the only way to remove them is from underneath even if the bed was off. The bolt heads face the ground.

Post Likes
    Hey ct2,
    I just remembered that the front gas tank strap maybe connected to a bracket with 4 bolts going through the side of the frame, if that's the case you would have to remove the 4 bolts, the rear strap and remove the tank with the front strap and bracket connected to it. Oh and don't forget about the fuel lines, wires and the filler hose.I can't be totaly sure about this, like I said it's been a while.

Post Likes

air handler

marky mark,
    I don't know why everyone is so negative. my hvac instructor says there are no problems just oppurtunities.
    that's what you are faced with here. nobody said that it
    had to be done at the speed of light, just put on your
    game face and put one foot in front of the other and treat
    this as a learning experience. fabricate a pan to set it
    in and then do a little research as to what kind of plenum
    best suits your needs. when faced all at once these things
    seem large just work one issue at a time and remember that
    everyone who had something negative to say was once in your
    present position i,e, first timer. now how about some good
    old american guts and get er done!
    kennedy

Post Likes
    Mark I know you see it in your trade also, guys buy the parts install them wrong, screw it up then have to pay for you to correct the mess. You've been burned by the outfit that sold you a bill of goods. Call their customer support line and see what kind of help you get. Question, do you have a card to handle refrigerant besides MOV? If not and if the company that sold the unit to you didn't require a copy of it they have violated a federal law, this fact may help them understand that the right thing to do would be to refund all your money, including shipping and pay the freight on the return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in