Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    [/QUOTE]

Oh and yellow Dot makes a very good point about your zero warranty purchase. Read your warranty card. [/B][/QUOTE]

Um yeah I just read the warranty and it does state that. That's odd I guess. Well I guess that means I'll probably return it.

Wink

are you one of them guys that gets in over your head often.

call somebody that can help you. the plenums can be made and the system installed correctly. heck you might find a mechanic that will let you watch. then you can see how its done right. you will also see where you dint know enough not to keep from getting in trouble.
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

They didn't ship any plenums. The only thing I got was the condenser and air handler.

If they didnt send the plenum / or a stand and you are in need of step by step instructions with simply placing it in your garage , how were you planning on

installing the line set
    what were you planning on using to fuse the line set together
    what were you planning on setting the condensor on
    what were you going to do about evacuating the system
    what were going to use to measure microns with
    how were you going to vent this furnace
    what size hose were you going to use for the gas line
    do you have the correct size gas line for the installation
    you do have something to measure water column with , dont you
    how were you going to check this system for leaks
    you do have something to measure carbon monoxide with dont you
    how did you determine what size unit to install

have you found any other vertical units with the return anywhere other than the bottom

you have got an awfull lot to do and do correctly before you start a unit with no warrantee

Originally posted by ct2
    They didn't ship any plenums. The only thing I got was the condenser and air handler.

If they didnt send the plenum / or a stand and you are in need of step by step instructions with simply placing it in your garage , how were you planning on

installing the line set
    what were you planning on using to fuse the line set together
    what were you planning on setting the condensor on
    what were you going to do about evacuating the system
    what were going to use to measure microns with
    how were you going to vent this furnace
    what size hose were you going to use for the gas line
    do you have the correct size gas line for the installation
    you do have something to measure water column with , dont you
    how were you going to check this system for leaks
    you do have something to measure carbon monoxide with dont you
    how did you determine what size unit to install

have you found any other vertical units with the return anywhere other than the bottom

you have got an awfull lot to do and do correctly before you start a unit with no warrantee
    I'm running a new lineset from condenser to evaporator. I already poured concrete slab for condenser. The unit comes fully charged with up to 15' lines. I will have to call someone to evacuate the lines and to make sure it has proper charge. The unit is air condition only, no furnace. I have hot water & heat boiler. I used a heat gain/lost program to calculate the size I needed. I had to enter size of every room, windows, doors, insulation, outside shade etc.. Every vertical unit I have seen in person have the return on the right or left bottom but never seen the return on bottom/underneath. There made that so that they are more versatile and you can install them anywhere I guess but this all irrelevant anyway since I will probably return unit if Goodman will not give warranty.

If you still plan on doing this install yourself, you will need to have a sheetmetal company make you a return plenum. This is the square box that will be installed under the unit. You will need to cut a hole in it the size of the opening under the unit. It would also be adviseable to use a secondary drain pan under the unit and plenum. Kinda like using drain pan, isolation pads, plenum and then unit.

Markymark.

Basically, no manufacture gives a warranty on internet retail sales.

I have nothing against someone trying to save a buck.

But would you order a car over the internet that you had to put together yourself .

Sending it back is the right decision.

Find a quality minded contractor, and you'll be happy with your new system.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by beenthere
    Markymark.

But would you order a car over the internet that you had to put together yourself .

As a matter of fact if I wanted to I would buy a car over the internet and put it together, since I'm a mechanic it would be a piece of cake but not really practicle

Originally posted by markymark
    Originally posted by beenthere
    Markymark.

As a matter of fact if I wanted to I would buy a car over the internet and put it together, since I'm a mechanic it would be a piece of cake but not really practicle
    LOL...

Dang, I could have had you put that GTX together for me, and done your a/c for you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

so, buy a ManualD or ASHRAE Fundamentals, study to learn how big of a return you need, what size plenums are necessary, weld together an angle iron stand, attach some sheet metal, run the return duct. Buy 2 pr aviation grade tin snips --

BTW, what is the easiest way to drop a gas tank from a 1991 Toyota? does it have a pump in that tank? does it have a filter in the tank? can I just put it up on stands?

[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL...

Dang, I could have had you put that GTX together for me, and done your a/c for you.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Well hell go out and get an other car that's in pieces and I'll put it together.

Originally posted by cem-bsee

BTW, what is the easiest way to drop a gas tank from a 1991 Toyota? does it have a pump in that tank? does it have a filter in the tank? can I just put it up on stands?
    I work at a Chevrolet dealership and mainly work on GM cars and trucks and now Mercedes since I just purchased one but what make Toyota do you have?

lots of luck send pics afterwards

Hey Markymark you said:

I work at a Chevrolet dealership and mainly work on GM cars and trucks

Ive got an 87 silverado 2 wd : whats the best way to pull the left side gas tank? I got the protective cover off of it , but how do I get to the bolts to drop the tank WITHOUT pulling the bed off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast