Mounting Air Handler
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I just purchased a Goodman AEPT36 air handler and I'm having trouble figuring out how to mount it in the vertical posistion. I'm going to install it in the garage. The air outlet is on the top which is no problem but the return is on the bottom under the AH so I have to elevate it some how to connect a return plenum and filter. Do they make a stand for air handlers? Goodman says you can mount these horizontal or vertical but they don't tell how. Horizontal would be easier but I dont have the room for that. When I purchased the unit I was under the impression that the return was on the side at the bottom not directly under the unit or I would have never bought it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to spend an other $300 to ship it back.
    Mark

Mark, Mark, Mark,
    1st, this is not a DIY forum. It was in the rules you agreed to when signing up.
    2nd, good luck with you internet purchase. You thought you were going to save some bucks, huh?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Originally posted by Yellow Dot
    Mark, Mark, Mark,
    1st, this is not a DIY forum. It was in the rules you agreed to when signing up.
    2nd, good luck with you internet purchase. You thought you were going to save some bucks, huh?
    Sorry I didn't read that part of the rules and yeah I did think I would save some bucks but that's not the only reason i purchase online. It's a lot easier to just point, click and in three days your order is on your front step but in this case I think I screwed up....

Save a buck then your out of luck .
    People get burned like Mark did everyday, it looks good up front I guess.

Good Luck Mark

HiltonTech

Originally posted by hiltontech

Good Luck Mark

HiltonTech
    How did I get burned? If anything I burned myself. If I were to have completely read the air handlers description I would have found out that this model wasn't the easiest to install. I just screwed up..

Hmm

mark since you have the airhandler and they all pull thru the bottom. see if you can find someone qualified to install it for you. may cost a little more but shipping isnt cheap either good luck

maybe you could buy a stand on the internet.

obviously this will entail additional ductwork as well.

do you have all the proper equipment and tools necessary for this endeavor?

some how, i don't think so.

Originally posted by markymark
    Originally posted by hiltontech

Good Luck Mark

HiltonTech
    How did I get burned? If anything I burned myself. If I were to have completely read the air handlers description I would have found out that this model wasn't the easiest to install. I just screwed up..
    Mark,
    It would be advised that you read the fine print of your warranty information.
    You may be surprised to find that since your air handler was bought over the net, it comes with a 0 YEAR WARRANTY!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Talking

most of the time i see em mounted to the strong metal plenum. hehehe the shiny box the shop made and insulated. a well made plenum box should hold it nicely. joint the return to the plenum before you mount the ahu. if you couldnt figure this out really do you think you can do the rest of the install..

[Edited by resolutetech on 06-18-2005 at 10:14 PM]
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

Originally posted by resolutetech

most of the time i see em mounted to the strong metal plenum. hehehe the shiny box the shop made and insulated. a well made plenum box should hold it nicely. joint the return to the plenum before you mount the ahu. if you couldnt figure this out really do you think you can do the rest of the install..

[Edited by resolutetech on 06-18-2005 at 10:14 PM]
    Yeah i though about mounting it on top of plenum but was afraid I would crush it. The unit weighs 175lbs.
    As far as doing the rest of the install, I won't know until I try and it wasn't the matter of not being able to figure it out, I just wanted to find the proper way of doing to the job and calling a professional to do the job doesn't always mean it will get done right. I have seen a lot of hack jobs out there and that's why I preffer to do it myself. Oh and I'm not just installing a air handler I'm installing complete central air. Should be fun...

Talking

i said shiny strong plenum. what kind a plenum did they ship you.
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

[i]I have seen a lot of hack jobs out there ... [/B]
    And dollars to donuts if you are having this much trouble already, it is going to be worse and operate poorly than a hack job. Oh and yellow Dot makes a very good point about your zero warranty purchase. Read your warranty card.

Originally posted by resolutetech

i said shiny strong plenum. what kind a plenum did they ship you.
    They didn't ship any plenums. The only thing I got was the condenser and air handler.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast