Johnson Controls
    I've been approached for the second time by a JCI hire manager to join his local "team". Any comments about JCI as a whole?

where do you work now

For a petrochemical plant in southwest Louisiana.

I worked for them for a short time as a controls technician. When I was hired nothing was said to me about making sales quotas but not long after I was hired the pressure to sell started. I was pressured to sell more time to customers for work that was not necessary.

I maintained existing Johnson systems where they already had contracts. I already had more time than I needed to keep their systems working properly. But, Johnson kept telling me to tell the customers they needed to raise the service contract to the next higher level in order for me to properly maintain their control systems. My working relationship with management went south when I refused to sell customers something they did not need. I was told to consider it selling the customer insurance.

Just not my way of doing business. Perhaps Johnson's method of doing business is different depending upon the area manager. But, I would never consider working for them again.

rob what do you like to do controls a/c chillers ect.

Chillers, RTU's, in fact anything heavy or light commercial. Also have done some control work.

if you really want to do industial ac go to the local union hall and see whos hireing you will have to join before you work for johnson anyway,call york trane carrier and other good comps. in your area
    i say this because johnsons a ok place but it would not be my first choice