CVHE wont transition

I have a CVHE-071 that wont transition the starter. I trouble shot the starter and found the D1 & D2 contacts not closing to send it in the delta mode. This is an '84 model machine. The contacts that are not closing are on the ''solid state compressor protection module'' from cutler hammer. The problem is that Trane no longer supports or sells these module. They told me I need a new starter panle and controller. Any one have a better solution ? The old Trane part # was RLY 765.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller Tex View Post
    I have a CVHE-071 that wont transition the starter. I trouble shot the starter and found the D1 & D2 contacts not closing to send it in the delta mode. This is an '84 model machine. The contacts that are not closing are on the ''solid state compressor protection module'' from cutler hammer. The problem is that Trane no longer supports or sells these module. They told me I need a new starter panle and controller. Any one have a better solution ? The old Trane part # was RLY 765.
    If memory serves and it rarely does, these can be repaired.

I will have to do some digging, but I have the information somewhere. I also may have a good used one on my truck, again, I will have to do some digging.

Do you know the wiring diagram designation?

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

D1 & D2 contacts are the "transition signal". It is a relay built in the circuit board. Those contacts are on line 36 on the schemattic from the CVHE service guide page 7.14-4. The n.o. contacts send power to the K26 coil which is the resister contactor.

A better solution than upgrading a 27 year old starter? Yup, upgrade the entire unitary control system.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.