when I ran across this one. You guys sure know how to hit a guy hard and make you apprecieate what one has or had.

I didn't know my dad too well. He left home when I was five and then we moved 1800 miles away a few years later. During all those years I never got to see him again and in a total of 20+ years I may have talked to him maybe a total of 10 times. And of course each time I did he was drunk. When he died I really didn't have too many emotions about it. I flew north and took care of his estate (whatever that was) and came right home. I think sometimes on what I missed out on but then realize everything happens for a reason, who knows how I would have turned out if was around him during all those years.

The thing that hit me the worst is when mom died in April. She has been sick for quite some time and the last few years she has been in some major pain and starting to lose her mind. She was only 57 when she passed, but she lived a great 57 years and touched many people. Here's a lady who did everything she could for kids, even some things she wasn't proud of. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. ****, I was online the other night and found a funny website and started to email her this and then realized what was up. We did this all the time, she'd send me some corny joke or website and I would send her something back. It sucks to realize I am alone now (no other family besides one drunk brother) with the exception of my kids.

I'm a single dad of three teenagers. I've been raising them by myself for the last 6 or 7 years. At times I can't figure out how I'm going to do this and then remember that mom did it and she didn't have the skills that I have been given by God. When I realize this I just figure I can go on and figure out what I need to do.

OK enough of me being sappy but I just wanted to share about my mother.

God Bless You Mom
Your Golden Boy, Shane