Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frastrated

Post Likes

Core Removal Tool

Get the one with the ball valve. I don't have the one with the t on it for the pull down...Does it save time? Here is a link http://www.yellowjacket.com/PDF/LCD_Vac_Gauge.pdf

[Edited by nc hvacman on 06-18-2005 at 07:35 PM]

Senior Tech Guest
    Gas and go...why call the boss...

Post Likes
    recover and evacuate and virgin refrigerant just to replace schrader cores seems a little unfair to the coustomer. why not pull it back and lock it down change the cores evauate and release the same refrigerant back into the system then ajust the charge from there. best yet a removal tool 2 minutes and you can change both valves and be on your way.

Post Likes

unfair = almost criminal really

If you know the pumpdown method that definitely would be the way to go if you don't have the Valve Core Removal Tool- I always wondered who invented the valve core removal tool that doesn't lose the charge and lets you change the core. I suspect whomever did is sitting pretty now.

Post Likes
    Tin: i wont say anything about your memory if you edit your post and put a period in front of that 4 oz figure.

do you know how much 4 ounces can cost a guy these days?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by karsthuntr
    Originally posted by bornriding
    Excuse me if I am off base here, but is this a heat pump and does it have an accumulator?? If it is a HP and no accum. then it may just have to be charged differently for heat & cool. Probably a Rheem or Rhuud ???
    If you have units that need a different charge for Heat and cool than there is something wrong. All Rheem/Ruud have accumalators on there HP's.

When I find this problem it is usually because the airflow is not correct.

For some reason Rheem/Ruud has a bad rep because it is not very forgiving. Most of the time the install instuctions were not followed and it's an install error.
    That static regain connection causes people some fits on those little air handlers.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by davidr
    Originally posted by karsthuntr
    Originally posted by bornriding
    Excuse me if I am off base here, but is this a heat pump and does it have an accumulator?? If it is a HP and no accum. then it may just have to be charged differently for heat & cool. Probably a Rheem or Rhuud ???
    If you have units that need a different charge for Heat and cool than there is something wrong. All Rheem/Ruud have accumalators on there HP's.

When I find this problem it is usually because the airflow is not correct.

For some reason Rheem/Ruud has a bad rep because it is not very forgiving. Most of the time the install instuctions were not followed and it's an install error.
    That static regain connection causes people some fits on those little air handlers.

Or lack of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in