Coil issues,leaks

Anyone seeing indoor air coil leakage of concern? Last year we had several air source that were thin tubing not "formocary corrosion" as we were led to believe by the manufacturer. This year had our first ones in a geo system and they were hard to detect, the die did not work.

We have had the same issues.Not so much lately but about a year ago had a climatemaster that we put two coils in it about nine months apart.Plus we have had multiple units that we have had to replace the coil in once.Also you mentioned the leaks were hard to find amen to that.Seems like that 410 is much harder to find than 22.We use electronic detectors and nitrogen if needed.Have heard that the ultrasonic detectors work well they actually listen for the high frequency noise produced by the leak.We have talked about getting some of these but havent yet.The coils now seem to be as thin as an aluminum can.Everything is light duty throw away crap now IMHO

Thanks tlb I can agree with your honest opinion, I just wish the manufacurers would quit making it hard for us to do a great job!

My Climatemaster Tranquility 27 has three separate coils inside the coil unit. The top and bottom coils are working but the missle one is not. Them seem to be connected to the same source of refregant.

My new Climatemaster Tranquility 27 has three separate coils inside the coil unit. The top and bottom coils are working but the middle one is not. They seem to be connected to the same source of refrigerant. CM says it is a charge problem but I can’t see why a charge problem wouldn’t affect all coils. Any thoughts?

Usually they all are connected, that is what makes so challenging to fix. By the time you have a tech do everything to make the repair you could almost replace the whole unit, in some cases. Thanks for the comment, keep me informed.

I have heard of some using accumulators to help with charge issues.