Question

Does anyone know if the Remote Access Kit is available yet? All I can find on a search is that it was scheduled for release on May 2004. Has anyone installed one of these or have a link where I could find out more about it? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have the Infinity Heat Pump, Air Handler, and Control.

Full blown beta testing in progress now. Should release to all dealers later this year.

You'll need a new UI as the SAM isn't compatible with the old software in your UI.

No, you can't upgrade your UI software like you can firmware in a router or cell phone.

If you want SAM, you'll have to work a deal with your contractor or bite the bullet.

That sort of sucks, since I just got the system today and it is advertised on the web as having remote access as an option. They forgot to leave off the part about having to buy another SAM. Perhaps they will give me something on trade-in? I guess I will find out next year when it is released to the public. I probably wouldn't buy it anyhow if you have to pay a monthly access fee or the hardware option doesn't seem reasonably priced to me. I doubt this will be a high demand option for them.

Talking Infinity Tstat S/N?

Originally posted by jrbenny June-2005
    Full blown beta testing in progress now. Should release to all dealers later this year.

You'll need a new UI as the SAM isn't compatible with the old software in your UI.

No, you can't upgrade your UI software like you can firmware in a router or cell phone.

What is the present status of the SAM?

Are the Infinity Controllers now shipping with compatible firmware? If so, what serial number/model number to request?

Went to a infinty training class last week, and the subject of this was touched upon. Even when it is available, it may not work in all regions. Due to the communications company that carrier is using.

After hearing everything about it, I was really let down, as I thought it would be good in our region. But somthings are not meant to be.