sizing a compressor

sizing a compressor

Dear friends,

What is the good reference (data) found in the compressor nameplate in choosing the size of a compressor and how to use it. Assuming there is no chart available and the cooling requirement is available. likewise, the size of evaporator and condenser required. i need to know a faster general estimation.

call the supply house and have then cross it.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Karst is right. You are asking a loaded question. There are way to many variables, like evaporator temp, condensing temp, latent load, heat pump/ non heat pump/ refrigerant, lubricant, etc.

Let me rephrase my need. Mostly gas compressor do not have a cooling capacity on the nameplate, how can you approximate a cooling capacity of a gas compressor base on its nameplate data? Without using a performance chart. Can i use the FLA and how?

Thumbs up hey

usually by the model number if its tecumseh or bristol or copeland.....u can tell the tonnage ......by fla that would hard to determine but u can cross reference by callin a local supply house

Their has to be a model # somewhere on it, if not its probably so old you need to replace it anyways