Old trane tracer system.

Hey. inherited a trance tracer 100 system, it's 18 years old.
    I'm looking for the 2 manuals
    emtb-pg-11
    tracer pcl operators guide

some of the problems on the system. 2 exhaust fans added 5 years ago use relays to signal the tracer. Binary inputs obviously.The installers hooked the wires into an analog input board The design is, when signaled, to control the dampers on one RTU for use as make up air. drive the dampers to 50% with 1 fan and 100% with the 2, as per the retrofit blueprint. There's no binary input board in the tracer 100 panal but I have some free binary inputs in a lighting panel.

The building has problems with negative pressure. There is also a analog building static sensor that should be used to control 11 other voyager units to maintain a positive pressure in the building through economizer control. also not working.

I suspect the system has not been programed by trane for the kitchen exhaust control or for building static control. I'm going to be working on this next week and really need these manuals. I havn't contacted trane yet, what are the chances of them giving me these manuals? slim to none?

Found this on the web. Hope it helps.

https://www.comfortsite.com/Resource...TZ37L4VBWR.pdf

I have the programming guide EMTB-PG-9 manual, not in pdf format. Would that be any help? It would take a while to scan though.

are there resistors on those AI's? AI's along with resistors and some logic can be used as BI's. Resistors and dry-contacts are wired in parallel.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Hey mrallon!
    no resistors on the AI board for those inputs. I have the install manual for the tracer and Trane uses signal conditioning chips, so you can use different signal inputs and there are none for the set of inputs they're using. unless i can order a chip for a 20 year old system and then have it soldered to the pcb, i'm out of luck using that AI board. It's ok though i have a lighting panel near by with 2 BIs, i just need the programming guide to get it work.

Hvac69!
    That would be a great help. hold off though, I'm going to call trane tommorow and see if they'll send me a pdf of it. it must be a huge manual. Also i have the operators manual for it, not much in the way of setting up anything but most appreciated for sending a link for it!

you have a pm

Just thought i would update this. SO my suspicions were correct, did find that there was programming in the tracer to use 2 binary inputs for the damper control on the kitchen unit. Hooked up to the right inputs and away she went. That problem solved.

The other issue with the 11 voyager units was a bit more work. The old pressure transducer was a 1 to 5 inch wc sensor with 0 to 5 v output, the tracer boards are 0 to 10 volts. the range we are trying to control to was in the .01 to .02 range, so i got a sensor that had a -.625 to .625 range with 0 to 10v output. Installed it and then found that there was no programming for the damper control. Programmed a ddc loop in and then had to do a couple repairs to the economizers, but everything seems to be working good now, no more negative pressure in the building and the loop controls decently.

thanks for the manuals!