Thread: Help!

I am new to this forum and it has probably been discussed before. I own a townhouse and need to replace the furnace. I have no clue what to shop for. A contractor suggested the Carrier model. Anyone can offer feedback, please?

I see a lot of views but no responses. This is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me what brand you have and how is working so I can compare?

Originally posted by fdg31
    I see a lot of views but no responses. This is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me what brand you have and how is working so I can compare?
    Installation is more important than brand name in most cases. You can buy the top of the line furnace but if it's not installed properly it will no longer be top of the line. Spend more time trying to get a good reputable contractor rather than worrying about which brand is the best. Whatever brand you choose will not be good if installed improperly. Be prepared to pay good money for a good install, remember you get what you pay for. JMHO.

Go here for some helpful reading tonight then come back and ask with logic what you really need to know.

What Brand Should I Buy

Residential Equipment Sizing

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Installation is very important.

But check brands for features you may desire as well.

Most all brands make good .better and best models,when comparing brands,be sure they are similar moedls in each brand.