Have a Goodman/ Janitrol A60-00 serial# 86xxxxxx. What is the seer rating on this 20 year old unit? We are replacing the condenser because it is all rusted and the fins are smacked in here and there and almost everywhere.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Replace the indoor coil as well or you will wind up with a 20 year old system with a big new part outside. There is no way to determine what efficiency a new condenser would be using a 20 year old indoor section as part of the system.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Replace the indoor coil as well or you will wind up with a 20 year old system with a big new part outside. There is no way to determine what efficiency a new condenser would be using a 20 year old indoor section as part of the system.
    I'm not looking for the effeciency of the new unit, I'm looking for the eff. of the old condenser.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

We also need the outdoor unit model number to answer your question, Im pretty sure the numbers you list are only from the air handler. that might be a problem though, an 86 Goodman condenser's model numbers most likely faded away long ago.

In 1986 the Goodman condensers were the oval units that had the compressor and other components outside of the coil. The labels held up well.

That was not my point. There is no way that putting a new condenser with that old coil is going to be a good thing no matter what efficiency any of it is.

The question of "what efficiency" is a completely irrelevant question. Unless the op wants to throw good money after bad he/she should be looking to replace the system...in it's entirety, not looking to piece meal a twenty year old component to a new condenser.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    In 1986 the Goodman condensers were the oval units that had the compressor and other components outside of the coil. The labels held up well.

That was not my point. There is no way that putting a new condenser with that old coil is going to be a good thing no matter what efficiency any of it is.

The question of "what efficiency" is a completely irrelevant question. Unless the op wants to throw good money after bad he/she should be looking to replace the system...in it's entirety, not looking to piece meal a twenty year old component to a new condenser.
    I agree, except for the labels holding up well

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    But if you could read the labels,what a tale they would tell!LOL

Those old Janitrols were built like tanks. I am amazed at how many I have seen buzzing (ok, they weren't that quiet) along.