Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused OBAMA: The UNDECIDER

Wow, I have been busy at work and just skimming headlines here and there. I had Libya figured for permanent Kadafi-rule since Obamalonadingdong was typically just sitting the fence and taking a non-stance on issue like everything else.

Major USA ally down in Egypt, get used to it Obama don't care.

Japan nukes themselves, get used to it Obama don't care.

So here we are into a month of uprisings in a terrorist led nation and Obama don't seem to care. So what? He has been a foreign relations disaster and this is nothing surprising. I would not expect him to do anything. Just sit on his anorexic butt and surf the web for basket-ball tips and hints or some such useless tripe.

So yesterday, official word is administration does not support no-fly zones over Libya. I was not surprised, that was expected. Every major nation in the world has a position, and most minor nations, but Obama is undecided. No surprise, Obama has exhibited all of the leadership qualities of a minnow so far. Word in the news says the revolt is almost beaten, so it looks like this is going to be over in a few weeks, perhaps a few days.

Today I am shocked! Obama wants not only no-fly zones but air strikes! These things usually escalate, ratchet-up, in some time... Obama has gone from neutral to ATTACK in 24 hours. WOW!

Kinda late for starters, rather a sudden escalation, I think he is mentally or functionally unstable. No stable leader handles diplomacy this erratically. That makes Obama dangerous. Gadaffi has also said he will retaliate on air/shipping in the Mediterranean, for what it is worth.

If Obummer had gotten aggressive a few weeks ago.... But then, he is an UNDECIDER. [clueless f'n idiot]
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Maybe Hillary find made the decision for him...................
    B.O. = B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by snewman24 View Post
    According to one article she is put-out with Obama, especially over Libya. But throughout the past week there were multiple people coming out against Obama on this one.

I think he is doing the right thing [direction-wise] now, but too late. So the whole situation seems to have skipped the normal diplomatic escalation. What might have been tough sanctions and a no-fly-zone 2 weeks ago looks like it could turn into a full-tilt invasion/occupation. Or it might simply be too late and Gadafi wins. Right now the situation is hidden in the fog of war I guess. This is the deployment stage, UN is firm about no ground forces last I read but that could change in a simple new vote as the war develops.

That sort of vote could easily be flipped with humanitarian or retaliatory considerations. Both of which appear to be possible emerging factors.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Developing, but I would expect Gadafi's air can be instantly grounded. The good news is that the rebel force seems to be a geographical area, so there is a sort of city by city division rather than just evenly divided fighting street by street. That would allow air superiority to stop or seriously impede advancement by Gadafi's forces with air strikes and maybe they can get some choppers in there. The navy can play a huge role here. If the UN can buy some time, rebels can get armed and organized and turn back the tide. Maybe. I just see that as the best possible outcome right now in the immediate crisis. I am figuring that is the aim by the UN here.

From reports, there is much dissent in Gadafi held territory and probably much dissent among the ranks. So if the momentum changes in favor of the rebels they might could over-run Gadafi in reasonably short order.

Short-term, I would expect UN participation to bolster/galvanize Gadafi troops, but if the UN pounces on them really really hard the reality of raining bombs will break the spirit of any man or beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Developing, but I would expect Gadafi's air can be instantly grounded. The good news is that the rebel force seems to be a geographical area, so there is a sort of city by city division rather than just evenly divided fighting street by street. That would allow air superiority to stop or seriously impede advancement by Gadafi's forces with air strikes and maybe they can get some choppers in there. The navy can play a huge role here. If the UN can buy some time, rebels can get armed and organized and turn back the tide. Maybe. I just see that as the best possible outcome right now in the immediate crisis. I am figuring that is the aim by the UN here.

From reports, there is much dissent in Gadafi held territory and probably much dissent among the ranks. So if the momentum changes in favor of the rebels they might could over-run Gadafi in reasonably short order.

Short-term, I would expect UN participation to bolster/galvanize Gadafi troops, but if the UN pounces on them really really hard the reality of raining bombs will break the spirit of any man or beast.
    Yeah all that's true but who really cares. The rebels are probably militant Islamists and hate the West even worse. This is a no win war for the West. Just like in Egypt where the dust hasn't settled yet but the Christians are already catching hell.

Sorry I can't root for them. Gaddafi may be the better choice not that he is our friend but at least his not our enemy. Just my . Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

It appears that soon we will have a chance to see democracy spread through out the Muslim world. Yes and then we will have to fight the whole Muslim world.

Sharia law will rule and women will have no "democracy" and neither will non Muslims but that is what we should support I guess and get rid of the "mean" dictators who have allowed women to have rights along with folks of other faiths. Yeah we got rid of the Shaw, Saddam Hussein, Mubarak and now it appears Gaddafi.

Yeah the West has really came out ahead on those deals LOL. So far we have lost every time and I doubt it will change. The evil Koran will rule. I agree with you most of the time tool but please don't put your trust in the "will" of the Muslim rioters. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    It appears that soon we will have a chance to see democracy spread through out the Muslim world. Yes and then we will have to fight the whole Muslim world.

Sharia law will rule and women will have no "democracy" and neither will non Muslims but that is what we should support I guess and get rid of the "mean" dictators who have allowed women to have rights along with folks of other faiths. Yeah we got rid of the Shaw, Saddam Hussein, Mubarak and now it appears Gaddafi.

Yeah the West has really came out ahead on those deals LOL. So far we have lost every time and I doubt it will change. The evil Koran will rule. I agree with you most of the time tool but please don't put your trust in the "will" of the Muslim rioters. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn I don't know the rebels.

Is Gadaffi is gone, he is a known terrorist, so that is a good thing. Mubarak was our ally and I think we should have supported him. Gadaffi murdered Americans and would happily do it again given the chance.

Like much of that area of the world there is no assurance the replacement will be any improvement.

If we can steer the rebels towards a true democracy win, that is very probably an improvement over Gadaffi, just my opinion.

Poo is hitting the fan all over muslim land in that part of the world. Each case is different. It could be a great transformation, or it could be an apocalyptic disaster. I don't know, I am just speculating on the current new war we are in.

See................I told you it was Hillary that wears the pants and made the decision on Gaddafi

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/19/wo...EXCITE&ei=5043
    B.O. = B.S.

See................I told you it was Hillary that wears the pants and made the decision on Gaddafi

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/19/wo...EXCITE&ei=5043
    Good article. I like the ending :

“The change in the region will not and cannot be imposed by the United States or any foreign power,” the president told reporters at the White House on Friday. “Ultimately, it will be driven by the people of the Arab world.”

Sounds like we have a reluctant president with a lack of confidence in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Good article. I like the ending :

“The change in the region will not and cannot be imposed by the United States or any foreign power,” the president told reporters at the White House on Friday. “Ultimately, it will be driven by the people of the Arab world.”

Sounds like we have a reluctant president with a lack of confidence in the USA.
    I think B is saying is that we are going to let these people to determine their own fate and we are going to stay out of it.

Which is how things should be.

While we may have the best society in the world to live in...when we try to impose our ways upon others half a world away......we become the oppressors.

And it doesnt matter that we are dealing with evil muslims or oppressive dictators.

Those people believe in what they are doing just as strongly as we do.

Now then...cause I know some hayseed will come along here shortly and accuse me of lying down while these evil folks conquer us....

While I agree that we should others around the globe live their own lives and that we should stay out of their affairs.....even if they are mistreating their own folks......

Once these governments or orgs make a serious effort to harm the USA or the people of the USA.....I have no problem whatsoever using our military might to take them down a few pegs.

One thing I dont agree with is taking them down a few pegs and then sending them boatloads of cash to make up for it........lol

Which is what we always do....

Just take them down a peg and walk off....

Would you beat the hell out of some thug trying to rob you and then turn around and give him a check to cover his damages and also to buy him some nice things to make up for the ass whooping that he asked for.

Anyhow... I would like to see a USA that doesnt impose its will on the world...let the world take care of themselves and lets concentrate on making life better for US...
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

The Libyans are the ones who started this because they're totally fed up with the wacko, blood thirsty dictator oppressing them. All "The West" is doing is trying to level the playing field a little to enable them to prevail and keep the masses from being slaughtered, if possible. Reagan tried to kill Ghadafi years ago for terrorism. Since, Ghadafi has killed hundreds of Americans and others. Hopefully, he will be considered "command & Control" and they'll do a much better job this time of sending him straight to hell.
    B.O. = B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think B is saying is that we are going to let these people to determine their own fate and we are going to stay out of it.

Which is how things should be.

While we may have the best society in the world to live in...when we try to impose our ways upon others half a world away......we become the oppressors.

And it doesnt matter that we are dealing with evil muslims or oppressive dictators.

Those people believe in what they are doing just as strongly as we do.

Now then...cause I know some hayseed will come along here shortly and accuse me of lying down while these evil folks conquer us....

While I agree that we should others around the globe live their own lives and that we should stay out of their affairs.....even if they are mistreating their own folks......

Once these governments or orgs make a serious effort to harm the USA or the people of the USA.....I have no problem whatsoever using our military might to take them down a few pegs.

One thing I dont agree with is taking them down a few pegs and then sending them boatloads of cash to make up for it........lol

Which is what we always do....

Just take them down a peg and walk off....

Would you beat the hell out of some thug trying to rob you and then turn around and give him a check to cover his damages and also to buy him some nice things to make up for the ass whooping that he asked for.

Anyhow... I would like to see a USA that doesnt impose its will on the world...let the world take care of themselves and lets concentrate on making life better for US...
    Understood. I personally would have no problem with just going over there and destroying Gadaffi and all his forces full force and no mercy, then promptly leave. Let the remaining folks work out their own problems, we could wish them luck upon departure and issue a stern warning: If we EVER have another problem from this area we will return and bomb it again.

Things would be so much easier if you were president and I was secretary of state.

The Libyans are the ones who started this because they're totally fed up with the wacko, blood thirsty dictator oppressing them. All "The West" is doing is trying to level the playing field a little to enable them to prevail and keep the masses from being slaughtered, if possible. Reagan tried to kill Ghadafi years ago for terrorism. Since, Ghadafi has killed hundreds of Americans and others. Hopefully, he will be considered "command & Control" and they'll do a much better job this time of sending him straight to hell.
    I fully expect Gadaffi is personally a primary target.

Many of the folks over there WANT UN/US intervention. A buddy of mine from the area said many have the attitude of, "BOMB US NEXT! BOMB US NEXT!". His words, not mine. So our involvement may fuel the dissent in other countries in the area, there are 'protests' breaking out all over the middle east, north africa is pretty much done maybe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast