I'm considering installing a new central ac in the house. I have two options:

Carrier Puron, 2.5 ton, EZG series, 12SEER.
    or
    Goodman CLT series, 2.5 ton, CLT30-1/-1B, 13 SEER.

Don't know which one to go with, which brand is more reliable
    and more efficient, plus the price difference is considerable between the two brands.
    Can anyone help ? Which one would you recommend ?

As long as you are not in need of specific options that are only offered by one or the other of the brands, it is best to go with the brand the company you most trust to install prefers.

If these brands are being offered by the same company, of the two choices you have listed the Goodman is the more efficient.

There is a difference in the refrigerants used in the two systems. The Goodman system uses R22 which has been the industry standard for over half a century but is being phazed out within the next 20 years.

The Carrier mentioned uses R410a refrigerant which is the leading replacement for R22 in the United States. Both refrigerants are proven to be good refrigerants with more technicians familiar with the R22.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

My field experience is the quality of Carrier had deminished and the quality of Goodman is increasing. Carrier is a household name which the managers of Carrier are milking. Goodman has made an effort to increase their products and are doing a faily good job.

BUT, installation is the key. The best system installed poorly just is not going to work and cause lots of repair/maintenance headaches.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

It is offered by two different companies, and carrier system is around 600$ more expensive.

That sounds about right for the retail difference between the two systems. Choose the contractor you trust the most. Get a couple of recent references from each company and check up on them.

Both contractors are reliable, however the contractor that will be installing Carrier system I'm familiar with. My main concern is quality/efficinecy/service of the two systems I'm considering at this point, and the value in that price difference ofcourse.

The Carrier is a builder cube. The CLT is a deluxe unit, nice cabinet, slow speed fan motor, compressor cover. Dealers being equal, I'd much prefer that over a low end Carrier. Just be sure both dealers are doing the same work, check credentials of the dealers carefully.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Try http://www.410a.com for info on Puron/R410a.

The Carrier has a Puron/R410a Copeland scroll,which has proved to be very quiet and most dependable they have built.

What model indoor unit or coil are they suppling?

The indoor unit is a major concern. With a variable speed indoor unit the CLT is actually rated at 14 SEER and I suspect the Carrier model would be more efficient then 12 SEER with a VS blower.

The copeland scroll compressor for R410a is heavier walled to accomodate the higher pressures of R410a which does make them quieter then the R22 version of the Copeland scroll compressor that is in the Goodman. However, compressors are not the only factor for sound issues. The Goodman CLT30-1 is rated at 74 decibels. I don't know the sound rating of that Carrier.

As far as dependability, I have seen nothing stating that the Copeland R410a scroll compressors are more dependable then the Copeland R22 scroll compressors. The R22 compressors have been in the field a lot longer.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Try Copelands website,for reliability staement it may ne on there.

I've heard them state it at ACCA tradeshows and think it may have been in a trade ad.

I don't think that Copeland is competing against itself by pitting the reliability of their R410a scroll compressor against their own R22 scroll compressor.

I did not say it was not reliable, just not proven or claimed to be more reliable then the R22 compressors. In a couple of years when they stop making the R22 compressors; then they will make those claims. Sort of like dishwashing detergents being "new and improved", which suggests that the old stuff we were buying was crap

is this a proffessional forum. jamitrol is the cheapest unit on the market and its not because of quality.
    sure all unit look and sound good when first installed but its when the unit is ten years old that counts and yall know as well as i do at about 8 yrs every technition in this country is going to be telling the customer that it sold the junk to in the first place they need a new unit.
    janitrol is the lowest line in the market today so quit kidding yourself and tring to get someone to buy into it.
    you sell it because its cheap and you can sell a bunch of em. youve lied so much to your customers about there quality coming up your starting to believe it.
    ive had janitrols in both my last 2 houses and they both have carriers now and im not even a carrier dealer.

Well airworx, you have managed to be wrong on more counts in one post then I believe I have seen on this forum.

Yes, this is a professional forum. How about behaving accordingly and get your information straight.