Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nullifying Peoples Republic

That is what I am hoping NPR will soon stand for.
    The House voted to block all federal funding for NPR, a week after the embattled public radio station found itself the subject of a conservative activist's undercover video recording that led to the ouster of its chief executive.
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/npr-funding-house-

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/npr...mo_code=BE2A-1

As far as I am concerned, the entire NEA needs to be gotten rid of. If the arts are not supported by those who appreciate the individual arts, then those arts are not worth existing.

If the high cost of exhibiting the arts is due to the high costs of organized labor that must be used because the arts are funded by the government, then getting rid of government funding frees the art industry to be able to make the arts more affordable to the general public again.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Yeah that is great. I hope the whole NEA gets wiped out. You could not imagine what has been sponsored by the NEA and called art.

"Rev. Donald Wildmon of the conservative American Family Association of Tupelo, Missouri, held a press conference to denounce NEA funding of "anti-Christian bigotry," referring to the exhibition of Andres Serrano's work, which included a photograph, Piss Christ, of a crucifix submerged in the artist's urine. Kahle's work hangs at the National Gallery Of Arts & Crafts.

2004 The $15,000 grant in question was awarded last October to Detroit arts & craftsman Albert Kahle, 39, for a nine-foot macramé penis titled "Father (By Mother)," which is currently part of the Macramazement! exhibit at the prestigious National Gallery Of Arts & Crafts in Kansas City, MO.
    "'Father (By Mother)' is neither art nor craft," House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) said. "It's trash. The fact that American taxpayers are paying for this kind of lewd handiwork is outrageous."
    The head, the most detailed portion of the work, is embellished with a spray of silver glitter"

These are of course revolting but they have wasted millions on stupid things like erecting a wall of colored sheets across a field and take a picture of it and then it all blew down.

Their are many other such examples of a total waste of taxpayers money spent by hippie "artists" for trash that has nothing to do with art. Let the market place decide what art is or isn't and not some commie hippie anti American professor at some commie dominated liberal arts school. Ban it all for once and all. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I don't pass judgement on what anyone else considers to be art, I just don't want to have to pay for it in any way, shape or form unless I am choosing to purchase a ticket to see it or am buying it because "I" think it is art and "I" enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't pass judgement on what anyone else considers to be art, I just don't want to have to pay for it in any way, shape or form unless I am choosing to purchase a ticket to see it or am buying it because "I" think it is art and "I" enjoy it.
    Oh come on now robo you're much to kind. You mean you can't pass judgement on a picture of Jesus on a crucifix submerged in a bucket of urine. Really now how about a statement like that is offensive.

Surly there is some limit to your "libertarian" side. I think most reasonable folks would agree with that statement. Geez, thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Oh come on now robo you're much to kind. You mean you can't pass judgement on a picture of Jesus on a crucifix submerged in a bucket of urine. Really now how about a statement like that is offensive.

Surly there is some limit to your "libertarian" side. I think most reasonable folks would agree with that statement. Geez, thank you, thank you very much
    I can only pass judgement on whether or not a thing is offensive to me or whether or not I think something is trash or not. I have no right, and neither do anyone else, to dictate to anyone else what they are allowed to appreciate or not.

Now, I may choose to not associate with people who like things that I find offensive. I even have the right to editorialize my discontent with what others like. But none of us has the right to make decisions about one another. Every one of us has the God given right to our own opinions of what we like, dislike or find offensive. I for one am not inclined to defy God's gift of choice for each and every one of us.

I remember when NPR (and PBS) first had to start finding $$$ to operate on... Amazing how fast they came from far left to middle of the road...

IMO having to 'make it on their own' would be the best thing for NPR! I admit I like 'morning edition', as I like my morning news slow, methodical, and detailed... rather than hyped sound bytes one has a hard time sorting out.

On the other hand... it is amazing how 'out of touch' folks can get when they are funded by someone else. MeThinks NPR will survive, just with some overdue changes made.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

By it's moniker, NPR is supposed to be "National" Public Radio. That implies that NPR represents all of the nation. If that were completely true, I may not be so against the Federal funding of it, in the same way Britain funds the BBC. Or maybe I'm wrong and the BBC is actually owned by the British government. Either way, the BBC is neutral in its attitude whereas NPR is to the left of center.

NPR's contributors are all liberals, so there is a liberal bias to NPR in order to keep the contributions coming in. But, NPR also double dips into the pockets of all Americans, even those who oppose NPR's attitude, and that is not fair.

By it's moniker, NPR is supposed to be "National" Public Radio. That implies that NPR represents all of the nation. If that were completely true, I may not be so against the Federal funding of it, in the same way Britain funds the BBC. Or maybe I'm wrong and the BBC is actually owned by the British government. Either way, the BBC is neutral in its attitude whereas NPR is to the left of center.

NPR's contributors are all liberals, so there is a liberal bias to NPR in order to keep the contributions coming in. But, NPR also double dips into the pockets of all Americans, even those who oppose NPR's attitude, and that is not fair.
    Usually I have to suffer through spring and fall pledge drives... Well not this time... I will be away all of next week, and will not have to listen to them beg and whine...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Usually I have to suffer through spring and fall pledge drives... Well not this time... I will be away all of next week, and will not have to listen to them beg and whine...
    I am on the road most of my working day. I used to enjoy listening to NPR while driving between contractors, except during the fund raising drives.

Don't get me wrong, I even contributed to WHYY out of Philly and WITF out of Harrisburg until they haranged me so much every month to give more and then put me on lists of liberal organizations who also started sending me leftist agenda literature pleading for money to fight the very things I support. So, I just stopped contributing.

Then the Harrisburg station started having way too far to the left guests on and I got tired of having to pull over to puke over some of the things these people had to say, so I just stopped listening to NPR altogether and started listening to audio books, which I am now addicted to.

I am on the road most of my working day. I used to enjoy listening to NPR while driving between contractors, except during the fund raising drives.

Don't get me wrong, I even contributed to WHYY out of Philly and WITF out of Harrisburg until they haranged me so much every month to give more and then put me on lists of liberal organizations who also started sending me leftist agenda literature pleading for money to fight the very things I support. So, I just stopped contributing.

Then the Harrisburg station started having way too far to the left guests on and I got tired of having to pull over to puke over some of the things these people had to say, so I just stopped listening to NPR altogether and started listening to audio books, which I am now addicted to.
    Ya know, it is a shame... There is really not much on the radio worth listening to anymore... One gets tired of the same old 60's tunes... AM talk radio is a mess regardless of which side the talking head 'says' he is on... then NPR gets old... what will one do? WHYY is the hole of Terry Gross and 'Fresh Air' I used to like that show.... until she got liberal also.

A friend has satellite radio, he says there is lots to listen to... but he is a creature of habit... so lots may mean one or two favourites...

I listened to Christian material for a few years... have had all that I need.

I have gone to talking with God most of the time I drive alone... refreshes my soul.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I used to listen to NPR when they would play decent tunes during the day. Now, they center around every far left agenda under the sun....makes me want to puke!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

I remember seeing a painting for sale at the local art museum. It was an oil painting of a big black circle on a white background and they were asking like 90,000 for it. At least a macrame penis takes some effort.

A big black circle on a white background.....

Sounds like an official 50 foot timed and rapid fire pistol target.

Yep,buy those at 5 bucks a pad.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast