I am working with an architect to build a small (390 sf), 3 room pool house. Tee building will be detached from the main house. The owner wants to be able to condition the space, but wants it to be quiet. The space has a 2 larger areas to each side of the door with a bathroom in the middle. I was thinking I could drop the ceiling of the bathroom and use that space for a plenum and install a through the wall heat pump. Who has that kind of equipment that would allow for a remote thermostat?

"Normal" A/C or heat pump systems will not survive the pool room environment. You need a specifically built heat pump/dehumidification system as in the following:
    http://www.aeretech.com/
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Wrong Term

I meant to say that it is a pool house that sits next to an exterior swimming pool. It does not contain the pool.

Oh, then just about any mini-split heat pump should do. You still should look into a outdoor pool heat pump for these people. ETech makes those too.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Maybe a vetical PTAC. Checkout GE zoneline.