R12 mix to R22 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R12 mix to R22

Don't use it for anything, open the valve and let her go! HAHA HA. If you don't know what's up call someone on the phone...and ask What's Up!

Wink

"djken

quote:Originally posted by bbk
    They are two completely different refrigerants,won't mix at all.

Isn't R-500 a mixture of 12 and 22???
    "
    ================================================== ==========

Well of course they are,how silly of me.
    Go ahead and dump all the R12 in it you want to.

I feel like I could be fined for even replying in this thread.
    Yes we have air conditioning in our igloos.

CAN YOU POST THE LOCATION OF THIS UNIT SO THAT WE CAN SEND SOMEONE OUT TO CHECK OUT YOUR AC FOR YOU

Originally posted by alofile
    Can I use R12 mix to R22 system. I have some R12 left in my basement so I want to use R12 charge to my home A/C system.
    Thank you for any reply.
    You can't mix refrigerants for serveral reasons. R12 and R22 are used to make R500 which operates at a much lower head pressure than R22 alone. In fact R500 was used some back in the old days as it was similar to R12, just operated at slightly higher suction pressure. Unless the two refrigerants are mixed in the right proportions you will end up with R???
    You will destroy your systems capacity and efficiency, and eventually the compressor. It will not cool well at all. Finally it is illegal to mix two different refrigerants likes this. When you call someone to finally come fix what you screwed up they will recover that mixed charge. Whatever gets recovered would have to be destroyed by incineration and this is very expensive, the service company will not be happy with you. Call a qualified company to come in and fix the leak and charge it up.

Why is it when a manufacturer mixes two or more refrigerants into a cocktail it is just making a new blend. If we do it, it's illegal and they want to fine you? Sorry a bit off topic, just strikes me funny.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Originally posted by Black Adder
    Why is it when a manufacturer mixes two or more refrigerants into a cocktail it is just making a new blend. If we do it, it's illegal and they want to fine you? Sorry a bit off topic, just strikes me funny.
    Because the manufacturer makes blends with exact percentages of each gas in the blend. Some blends can be reclaimed and reproccessed to purity by fractional distillation, and then reformulated to make a like virgin blend. When people try to make their own blends the percentages are unknown, sometimes when 2 different refrigerants are mixed they cannot be reproccessed by fractional distillation, because they form an azeotropic mixture that cannot be seperated. An example is when R134a and R12 are mixed. They form an azeotrope that has extremely high head pressure, being an azeotropic blend means they act as one type of gas even though it is a two component blend. Thus they cannot be seperated using fractional distillation.

You might be able to sell the R12 on eBay or to a friend with an older car. There is definately a market for it.

I'm assuming you are in Quebec? local mechanic could help you out

have a R12 in basement for long time. I just use it few time for my old car (but the car was gone for ten years) so I think it has a lot left. But I don't know where I can get R22 on the market. I mean a small bottom. I don't want to buy 30 lb again. BTW it need CAD $80 for the recharge the R22. What can I do or pay $80 for the recharge.

what language are you speaking here? what does : it need cad $80 for the recharge" supposed to mean

If you dont know where to buy r-22 then you have no epa cert and no busniess doing anything with refrigerant

Originally posted by ct2

what language are you speaking here? what does : it need cad $80 for the recharge" supposed to mean
    means its will cost him $80 canadian dollars to have it fixed and english is not his first language, maybe from quebec- french or he may be an immigrant from any number of countries, and asking here may have pointed him in the right direction

Is there any problem about my english or the CAD $80 too cheap for recharge the system. I just want to tell you I can spark three language. What about you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12