hello:

I would like to learn how to accurately size a home for central air and or furnace.

Is there an equasion or how is this done? Is it done by sq footage and also can you give other factors that must be considered like chimney liner size, where can you orphan the water tank using a mid or high efficient furnace.

Also,how can you deturmine the tonnage based on the model or serial no of an ac, and furnace?

thank you in advance

don

Personally we size our air conditioners to our homes. But sizing a home to the air conditioner could work too I suppose.

Perform a Manual J to determine what size home you can buy. The homeowner's version of the sizing software on the upper right corner of this page is fairly inexpensive. Then call a professional. Step by step DIY instructions aren't allowed per forum rules.

call and expert

call in a proffesional... You dont have enough experiance..

regards,
    Kelvin

Originally posted by Irascible
    Personally we size our air conditioners to our homes. But sizing a home to the air conditioner could work too I suppose.

ROFLMAO.

Perform a Manual J to determine what size home you can buy. The homeowner's version of the sizing software on the upper right corner of this page is fairly inexpensive. Then call a professional. Step by step DIY instructions aren't allowed per forum rules.
    Buy a copy of manual J, and do many of them manually, with the guidence of somebody with experence.

The orphaned water heater is in the NFGC book, 7 times the dilution hood opening.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?