Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blower speed

My Honeywell Vision thermostat (retail version from Lowe's) won't let me adjust temp swing or cycles per hour. Will I damage compressor by lowering fan speed to medium to increase run time/humidity removal. Hopefully that would bring up split temp 20 degrees or more. I have noticed that my Carrier compressor is very loud when running. It has been this way since I bought the home new two years ago. Are they loud by nature or could there be a problem there?

Thanks!

I'd lower the fan speed and see how it works for you. But, if the A/H is in the basement and 2nd floor registers are in the ceiling, the lower fan speed may not be able to get the air up there. Evap freezing should no doubt be carefully looked for too.

Both furnace and a/c are in an upstairs closet. I was told to listen for a difference in compressor noise as an indicator of whether or not there is additional stress on the compressor due to lowering fan speed. The compressor runs so loudly to begin with that it would be almost impossible to due. Does that sound accurate?

Thanks!

Exclamation

If the unit is installed vertically or horizontally with a bottom return and maxium ESP of 0.5" W.C. High = 2220, Med-High = 2035, and Med-Low = 1795 cfm. BUT.... you have some other issues with your system, based on what you are telling us either the strainer screen just before the indoor coil metering device is partially restricted or the indoor is sitting in water because the pan is not draining properly, or your indoor coil has a few dead circuits or some combinations of these problems. Either way get the manufactures field technical advisor out with the contactor who installed the system, maybe they can put their heads together and fix the problem before you do anything on your own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12