Carrier residential help
    I'm sure most of you have heard this before, But I still need to ask some questions before I make a call for service.

I have a Carrier 38TKB unit that is not keeping the house cool enough. The unit outside will run constantly, but very little cool air is coming through the registers inside. Seems to be getting less and less, over the last 2 days.

The furnace unit(Singer) has an Emerson Electro-Air filter system on the lower right side. It's clean and working.
    The motor on the furnace, as best as I can describe it sounds like this ... tink-tink-tink-tink-tink.

The fins on the unit outside, are clean. The system has be running for 2 days, and will not get the house any cooler than 75-76 degrees. Before I make a call for service, is there anything else I can check ?

Thanks for any help....

Tooler

The only thing you can really check is of your inside filter is clean, if the outside condenser coils are not blocked and if there is airflow out of the registers.

If there is little or no airflow and the filter was dirty, the coils could be iced up. Change the filter and leave the unit off for a couple of hours, then try again and see how it cools. If the filter was clean and still no or little air flow, could be a dirty inside coil, or coil iced up due to low refrigerant. In either case you would need to call a qualified service company. One other thing you coulddo is see if the large outside tube is cool or warm at the outside unit. If it is warm, shut the unit down so you don't do any damage until a service tech can get there.

paul

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Did they change the coil when the TKB was installed?The older the coil the more likely it's needs to be cleaned.

Thanks Paul,

Where are the condenser coils located? Or are you refering to the Outer fins on the unit outside. Also I'm asuming the only filter inside is the Emerson Elecro-Air unit, which is clean, but was dirty.

I went out and checked the main tube leaving the unit into the house. Right were it connects to the AC unit, there is about 3/4" if ICE built up on the outer connector.So I shut it off for now.

If the filter was clean, the ice on the tube could indicate low refrigerant level in the system. If the filter was dirty, it is possible you might be okay now. If you waited a while (to allow ice on the inside coil to melt) try it to see how it works.

Yes the condenser coil is the finned surface on the outside unit.

paul