Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk-In Freezer

Exclamation

Could anyone help me???

I own my own restaraunt and have and walk-in cooler and freezer outside. The cooler has been working fine, even with this outrageous heat and humidity. But the feezer is another story. It's not reaching proper temp. The coils keep freezing up before it can get cold enough. We changed the defrost times so that it wasn't defrosting in the middle of the day, but that didn't work. Then we thought that it might need freon but if the coils are freezing up it seems that it is working and doesn't need a freon charge. so now we're thinking that there is too much water in the air and that is why the coils are freezing up so quickly. so i was thinking of getting a chemical dehumidifier or something homemade. we're just at a loss for what to do

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by hotarctic
    .........so i was thinking of getting a chemical dehumidifier or something homemade. we're just at a loss for what to do

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
    Have you considered calling a qualified commercial refrigeration service company to find and fix your problem for you?

I'm not trying to be facetious here.....just realistic.

Hmm

check the evaporator drain, and door seal..
    thats a easy 1st thing to check..

Rule #2

Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted.

Here is some good advice. Go call a qualified licensed tech.

But they are correct....

Forum Rules

arnt owners of refrigeration equipment "authorized" to perform maintenace on their own equipment? cant they buy compressors?? i have two customers that have bought them from johnstone..
    PS, neither are certified..

[Edited by primmers on 06-11-2005 at 11:05 PM]

I would say yes. They can clean coils, change belts and filters, stuff like that. In my state you have to have a CFC licence, HVAC/R licence jurneymans or apprentice, and a licence from the Dept. of safety to work on equipment.

Originally posted by primmers
    arnt owners of refrigeration equipment "authorized" to perform maintenace on their own equipment? cant they buy compressors?? i have two customers that have bought them from johnstone..

NO... they are not authorized to perform work other than simple maintenance work on their own equipment.
    And neither are they authorized to give advice.

And finally ....NO ... they are not authorized to purchase anything related to their equipment ....

Primmers ... when you learn the trade and have paid your dues ...so to speak ... you will understand that.

This stuff takes a very long time to figure out and learn how it works.

Just look at some of the stupid responces we see everyday here.

And I am thankful for those who have the guts to post stupid questions and stupid answers.
    On ocassion ... I even participate in the act myself

it just goes to show we are all in it for the education.
    It certainly ain't for our health!

make sure you have curtain strips installed and the drain line is trapped properly. Also make sure the door seals tightly,even the bottom!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

r12..thanks for the ...confidence..
    im wondering why 2 of my customers, one a grocery store
    the other a bakery was able to purchace compressors..

the grocery store, i think has their last service mans certificate # on file with the johnstone store, but the bakery...they just bought it..a 7.5 hp copeland. it was purchased in las vegas..i had nothing to do with it..except to install it.

i guess **** happends..

Here in NYC, some owners some how able to purchase parts for their equipments. These parts are including compressors and refrigerants. When they screwed up the system then they would called us for help. We usually know what they did and we charged them extra for screwing up. The most common problem is over charging the unit by the owner.

God forbid ya call someone who does this for a living and ask him what's wrong. When he says "we were thinking" I wonder who "we" was, Moe, Larry and Curley??
    I remember one episode where they were plumbers.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by primmers

Maintenance does not include acts that against Federal law, such as against the Montreal Protocol or Federal Clean Air Act Section 608.

It is the little things in life such as a grocery store clerk with a camera phone that snaps a picture of you releasing refrigerant or using gauges to unlawfully charge your system. He walks away with $25,000.00 and you go to jail.

But it is a free America, have at it.

Some vendor houses don't give a rats south end who they sell parts to. They just care about their next meal. They would have more business if they refused business to DIY's and made it public to professionals.

Good luck with yours... our cameras are everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast