Thread: TXV on 10 SEER

Im not doing the work myself but am curious and may get it done based on the expert opinion here.

Can a TXV be installed on 10Seer equipment?? Is it coil specific or are TXV's rated by ton??

2 ton UAKB 024JAZ ruud condenser with ARI matched Advanced Distributor Products HA 02224+TD coil in Apollo air handler which currently has .059 orifice.

Thanks guys

ADP has a very easy to add TXV kit.

Yeah,

a TXV can be added onto a 10SEER system. Heck, Trane does it.

No problem

TXV on any system is better than fixed orifice.

[Edited by rob10 on 06-11-2005 at 08:58 PM]

Im still interested in how they are rated?? Do you buy it for the btu rating of your system or to match your evaporator coil??

Im not doing this myself but I have learned to be a smart as I can because of the last 2 techs I dealt with that were dumb as dirt!

Ok Mike,enough! Tell me where you live.I'm going to come and
    take you to the beach and gets your mind off this ac.LOL!

Thats is if you promise not to talk about ac.

[Edited by simpleman on 06-12-2005 at 07:28 AM]

The txv is matched to the condensing unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thank you. Just like the orifice is!! Im not sure what I was thinking. Should any competent tech be able to install a txv?? Are there any definately do's and/or anything to make sure he doesnt do when installing??

Thank you for having more info than suggesting I go to the beach. Ive noticed just like the techs I have dealt with there are those that really want to offer advice mixed in with the occasional A$$.

If using a non-bleed TXV I would have hard start components installed, even if it is a scroll compressor.

We all are asses at times. Simpleman is expressing something we are all thinking; you are obsessing with your system.

We have no idea why you are obsessed with your systems metering. You have not indicated that there is a problem. There is nothing wrong with fixed metering if there are not specific issues, which we do not know. Since your indoor coil is not even a manufacturers rated matching coil, the size of the piston is a guess at best. The difference between the piston that is in your coil and the one that the outdoor unit manufacturer requires is really a moot point. No one has ever tested those two mismatched components with one another so everything is a computer program guesstimate.

I have a brother in law like you and I dread doing work at his house. I truly believe that more things go wrong at his house due to his obsessing over everything. Bad karma can do a system in

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 06-12-2005 at 12:01 PM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

If it is a sweat in txv, make sure that you wrap the valve body good with a wet rag and don't heat up the bulb.

Thanks Robo..Sometime people dont always understand what someone is trying to say to them,when you try to say it politely.

So you have to be a ass..Yes Mike it sadden me to say I think you're being a *****..I would also like to say I'm also sorry you did not take me up on my offer of going to the beach.

I bet you could have walk away with best legs at the beach award.

Maybe next weekend!

[Edited by simpleman on 06-12-2005 at 02:15 PM]