+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unable to see images I attach

Post Likes

unable to see images I attach

Whenever I attach an image to my posts, I see the links for the attachments, but when I click on the link I "do not have permission" to see the image.

Post Likes
    I know that there is a "minimum number of posts limiter" before images are allowed to be posted by a new(er) member. I'm not sure of the actual details, a mod will be along I'm sure to fill in the blanks.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Thanks, heaterman. Software is what I do to put food on the table, but I cannot figure out what's going on. It's a strange thing being able to post an image yet unable to see it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tr888 View Post
    Thanks, heaterman. Software is what I do to put food on the table, but I cannot figure out what's going on. It's a strange thing being able to post an image yet unable to see it.
    Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Post Likes
    I can see the images now, but not because I discovered any solution. There are thumbnails now where there used to be hyperlinks.

Post Likes
    The site has been experiencing tech issues the last week or so. As far as attachments, they limit posting for new "guests" at first mostly to stop unwanted junk and objectionable images. With upgrades and tech problems, you might have just got caught in the twilight zone.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Weird. I do have the permissions relaxed a bit after 6 post. Before that you can't do much about uploading and viewing due to spam issues.

We are in the baby stages of upgrading software and installing tweaks. This had nothing to do with the power failure we experienced a few days ago but we did lose some data.

At 13 post, where you are at this present time, you should have most all functions with the exception of Pro access and PM's. I do notice a completely different experience in the site when using different browsers. My favorite at this time for this site is FireFox.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in